PIA Press Release
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Pangasinan PNP prepared for the worstPangasinan (November 17) – The Pangasinan police provincial office is prepared for any untoward event that may occur in the province or other incidents similar to hostage- taking.
This was stressed by provincial director Rosueto Ricaforte adding he himself would take charge in case similar incidents happen in the province.
“We are hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Tama lang na mag-training ang ating mga kapulisan. Pag maganda ang training, maganda ang magagawa sa mga hindi inaasahang sitwasyon. Sana lang, walang mangyaring tulad ng hostage- taking. Pero if ever, handa kami,” Ricaforte said during a media interview.
Ricaforte said there are at least 45 policemen training under the Special Weapons and Tactical Operations. There are 200 members of this special group in the province.
Meanwhile, he was happy to report that crime incidents during the All Saint’s Day celebration dropped compared to last year’s statistics. Only one incident each for index crimes like murder, physical injury, theft, and robbery were listed on November 1 and 2 compared to nine incidents last year.
The police chief attributed the decline to the massive information campaign they launched through public advisories on how to combat crimes. (PIA-Pangasinan)