PIA Press Release
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Soda maker, youth commish to host Young Leaders’ camp
QUEZON CITY, Jan 5 (PIA) -- Asiawide Refreshments Corporation (ARC), makers of RC Cola in the Philippines and Zesto Fruit Soda, in partnership with the National Youth Commission (NYC), will host the first ever ARC Young Leaders Camp this February.
ARC Young Leaders Camp is a program that seeks to gather underserved but deserving first year college students who are active community youth leaders in a three-day free youth camp and workshop.
The youth camp cum workshop will be held on February 10-12 at the Meralco Development Center, Antipolo City.
The activity seeks to hone the participants’ leadership potential and sense of environmental stewardship. It also intends to equip them with other personality and social skills to become successful, productive, and socially aware society movers and professionals.
Applicants who wish to join must possess the following qualifications:
· Filipino citizen
· Currently residing in Metro Manila
· Currently enrolled as a first year tertiary student in a university or college in Metro Manila
· Must be actively involved in a school-based or community-based organization
· Knowledgeable in current national and local issues
· Physically and mentally fit
· Of good moral character, as certified by a school and/or an authority/upstanding member of the community
· Must be willing to commit to all levels of the program, including the completion of a project to be executed after the camp
· Must be willing to be a volunteer of the NYC and the ARC after completing the program
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following requirements:
1) Accomplished application form with 2x2 size ID picture
2) One original copy of a certificate of good moral character
3) An essay containing (a) brief write-up detailing the applicant’s profile and
achievements (not more than 300 words)
and (b) what the applicant expects to gain from the program (not more than 150 words)
For further information, you may email your concerns to email@example.com or call (0947) 382-0129. (NYC/RJB/DBNV-PIA NCR)