PIA Press Release
Saturday, January 07, 2012
MMDA issues traffic advisory for Black Nazarene processionMAKATI CITY, January 7 (PIA) -- In connection with the grand procession of the Black Nazarene of Quiapo on Monday, January 9, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) in coordination with the City of Manila issues the following traffic advisory:
Route of Grand Procession of Black Nazarene / Closure Areas:
Route from Quirino Grandstand (Rizal Park), right Katigbak Drive thru P. Burgos, left Taft Ave(P.Burgos) thru McArthur Bridge, right Palanca, thru under Quezon Bridge, left Quezon Blvd, right Arlegui, right Fratenal, right Vergara. left Duque de Alba, left Castillejos, left Farneclo, right Arlegui, left Nepomuceno, left Aguila, right Carcer, right Hidalgo thru Plaza del Carmen, left Bilibid Viejo thru Puyat, left Guzman. right Hidlago. left Barbosa, right Globo de Oro thru under Quezon Bridge, right Palanca, right Villalobos thru Palza Miranda to Quiapo Chruch.
Affected Areas During Procession and Expect Heavy Traffic:
1. Stretch of Roxas Blvd/Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to TM Kalaw NB and SB Lane.
2.SB of Quezon Blvd. from Recto to Palanca (subway-Isetan Recto)
3. Stretch of Lerma from P.Campa to Quezon Blvd.
4. Taft Ave/ Finance (WB Lane)
5. Lagusnilad / P.Burgos (WB Lane )
6. P.Burgos / Taft Ave (Freedom Triangle NB Lane)
7. Villegas / N.A Lopez
8. 25th Street / Bonifacio Drive (SB)
Closure of Roads to Traffic will be in effect as the procession approach the affected areas.
- At 4:00 a.m., January 9, 2012 SB Lane of Quezon Blvd. (Quiapo), from Andalucia / Fugoso to Plaza Miranda and España / P.Campa / Lerma shall be closed to traffic for Public Utility Vehicles only.
- At 5:00 a.m., total Closure for All types of Vehicles shall be Implemented.
Re-Routing of Vehicles:
1. All vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España shall turn right P.Campa, left Andalucia, right Fugoso, left T.Mupua to point of destination.
2.All PUJ/ light vehicles coming to España and intending to proceed to South Pier Zone turn Nicanor Reyes, right Recto straight to JAS, left Riena Regente take Jones Bridge, right Magallanes Drive to point of destination.
3. All vehicles coming from Northern Part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Bonifacio Drive SB shall turn right Roberto S. Oca St., left D6. All PUJ'S plying Monumento-Gasak-Recto intending to utilize Andalucia thru Recto shall turn right Fugoso, right Oroqueta to point of origin.
4. All Vehicles coming from Southern Part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of P.Burgos shall take TM Kalaw, left Taft Ave, right Ayala to Ayala Bridge to point of destination.
5. Private Vehicles coming from Southern Part of Manila intending to utilize the NB of Roxas Blvd shall turn right Quirino Ave and take Nagtahan Bridge to destination.
7. All Vehicles coming from Legarda shall turn right Recto or left Mendiola to point of destination.
8. All Heavy Vehicles/ Cargo Trucks coming from the South shall take Pres., Osmeña, right Pres. Quirino to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Capulong (vise-versa).
9. Other motorist intending to proceed to North of Manila or South of Manila shall advise to utilize the stretch of LAcson to NAgtahan (vise-versa) or to utilize stretch of Road 10 to Roxas Blvd. (Vise-versa) to point of destination.
10. All Buses coming from Eastern part of Manila particularly G-Liner / RRCG utilizing Legarda shall turn right Palanca St., to Quiapo Ilalim to point of origin.
11. All Buses coming from Taft Avenue going to Fairview shall turn right to UN Ave up to Otis, left Nagtahan go straight Lacson, right España to point of destination.
12. All Buses coming from Southern part of Manila (Laguan and Cavite) utilizing Taft Avenue Are Not Allowedelgado, Left Bonifacio Drive ( for Port Area offices) or shall take right to A. Soriano to Magallanes Drive, right P.Burgos, go straight to Lagusnilad to Taft Ave. to enter from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and Allowed Only up to Remedios Street right San Marcelino back to point of origin.
Meanwhile, traffic is already heavy within the vicinity of Quiapo Church as devotees have been trooping to the place since early yesterday . (PIA-NCR/MMDA/RJB/LFB)