PIA Press Release
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Nueva Vizcaya BFP bares lower fire incidents in 2011by Ben Moses Ebreo
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, January 12 (PIA) -– There are lower incidents of vehicular and structural fires in the province last year than in 2010, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) here.
Fire Chief Inspector Allan Eballar, provincial fire marshall, said from 34 fire incidents recorded in 2010, there were only 24 incidents in 2011.
The fire incidents in 2010 damaged more than P2.7 million-worth of properties while the incidents last year registered more than P5.40 million – worth of damages to properties without the loss of lives and or limbs.
The higher worth of damages last year was due to the 9 fire incidents, covering structural, vehicular and grass fires that occurred in the town of Solano where it brought expensive damages to medium-rise buildings, followed by the town of Bayombong that left P.530 million – worth of damages, Diadi with P.875 million – worth of destruction and an undisclosed worth of damages of a fire incident in Dupax del Sur town.
“This can be attributed to the continuing information campaign that we are doing every year based on our scheduled dates and target sectors,” he explained.
Eballar said the level of awareness and education of households in the province have increased causing a decrease on fire incidents registered by the BFP.
He also reiterated the fire prevention measures that need to be followed by homeowners and business establishment operators, particularly on the plugging off of appliances.
“Appliances, especially those without automatic shut off equipments must be plugged off to avoid possible occurrence of fires in homes and business establishments,” he added. (TCB/BME/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya)