Presidential Communications Operations Office

  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 13 April 2021 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
PBB Guidelines 2016
Click to Open
PIA Snapshot

PIA Online
One Mindanao eNewsmagazine
One Visayas eNewsletter
One Luzon eNewsmagazine
ST@R eNewsmagazine
PIA Members Only:
PMIS | PANP Phone Directory
PIAEA Corner:
Application | View PIAEA Site
Special News Editions:
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
PIA News Archive:
Information to Empower Filipinos
English NewsFoto ArchivesRegional WatchOFW Watch
FrontpageHeadlines by RegionNews ArchivePIA SpecialsICT News

PIA Press Release
Saturday, January 14, 2012


Region 6 ranks 2nd in 2011 job placements

by Lilibeth A. French

ILOILO CITY, Jan. 14 (PIA6) -- Western Visayas ranked second among the regions with the highest job placements in 2011, registering a total of 173, 782 jobseekers as indicated by the Bureau of Local Employment’s (BLE) report submitted to Labor Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz.

The report of the BLE on the Public Employment Service Offices’ accomplishments last year showed that Region 6 came in behind Region IV-A, which registered the highest placement with 191,856. Region 6 is followed by Region III, with 129,949; the NCR, 122,300; Region 12, 72,246; CARAGA, 68,241; Region 11, 59,606; Region VII, 57,548; CAR, 53,362; Region IV-B, 40,698; Region X, 40,252; Region I, 35,496; Region V, 22,246; Region 8, 18,634; Region 2, 12,348; and Region 9, 10,344.

BLE said the Department of Labor and Employment Regional Offices reported 1,108,908 job placements by the PESOs throughout 2011.

The report further showed that the number of PESO-placed jobseekers constitute 76 percent of the majority of 1,456,926 jobseekers referred for job placement for the one year period.

Baldoz said in a DOLE report that the 1,108,908 jobseekers placed during the year represent a 20.3 percent growth, or 225,595 more job placements, compared to the 883,313 jobseekers the PESO network placed in 2010. Of the total number of workers placed, almost two-thirds or 62.05 percent, or 688,147 found jobs in the private sector and the other third or 37.94 percent, or 420,761 in the government sector.

“The higher placement rate achieved last year reflects the high-level of confidence that employers from both the private and government sectors repose at the PESOs,” said Baldoz.

For 2012, Baldoz said DOLE’s aim is for the PESO network to facilitate the placement of 1.2 million jobseekers which will be achieved through the provision of a combination of employment facilitation services that focus on poverty reduction and empowerment of the poor, and through the judicious use of the PESO budget, which amounts to only P20.009 million this year.

Just like last year, the DOLE will intensify its advocacy for the institutionalization of PESOs in local government units and colleges and universities to make them effective community-based job facilitation institutions.

Baldoz commended the 1,069 PESOs organized in all 16 regions of the country for helping boost the employment performance of the economy in 2011. (JCM/LAF/PIA6)

Latest Stories
  • DOST project beneficiary produces biggest 'ulang' (R02)
  • Solar energy to light up 75 more houses in off-grid areas in NegOr (R07)
  • DA plans to use Mindanao program in Luzon (R11)
  • DSWD 1 marks its 61st anniversary celeb in February (R01)
  • 500 poor families get 'bags of blessing' (R06)
  • Close to 200 Negros Occidental police officers get promotion (R06)
  • NGO urges public to collect, propagate seeds to create native tree forests in CV (R07)
  • Police Information Officers receives commendation medals (R06)
  • DSWD brings Pantawid Pamilya program to Dumaguete City (R07)
  • LGU issues guidelines on use of municipal filling station (CAR)
  • NGO to hold free breast, cervical cancer screening (R07)
  • Aklan detainees trained on proper waste management (R06)
  • Hiligaynon news: DOLE 6 may bag-o nga direktor (R06)
  • Mangrove tree planting to highlight World Wetlands Day (R06)
  • Balikbayan finds ulang production profitable (R02)
  • Hiligaynon news: Impormasyon sa populasyon sa Iloilo nagapakita pagkinahanglan sa pagmanehar sing maayo (R06)
  • Various activities to mark World Wetlands Day in Iloilo (R06)
  • Tagalog News: Tapul Reef, ipinapadeklarang fish sanctuary (MIM)
  • Hiligaynon news: Alert Level sa Yemen napanubo sa level 2 – DFA (R06)
  • P118-M worth of Infra projects implemented by Dipolog in 2011 (R09)
    GOOD NEWS Series
    PIA Special Sites:

    ASEAN Philippines

    Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
    For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
    Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
    PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines