PIA Press Release
Friday, January 13, 2012
DPWH releases new advisory on road repairs in Metro Manilaby Jell E. Guzman
QUEZON CITY, Jan. 13 (PIA) –- Aside from the scheduled road repairs in some portions of EDSA in Quezon City and along Araneta Avenue, the Department of Public Works and Highways-National Capital Region Office (DPWH-NCR) on Friday, Jan. 13 released another advisory in line with road improvement works in other parts of Metro Manila.
In a release by the DPWH, motorists and the public can expect traffic slowdown and build-up in some major thoroughfares in Metro Manila until Monday, January 16, 2011.
Motorists are also advised to take note of affected areas and take alternate routes to avoid traffic:
· Blumentritt St., Sampaloc Manila Piy Margal to Maria Clara (January 13-16)
· Taft Avenue, Pasay City, North Bound (January 14 to 16)
· EDSA, Quezon City, southbound going to Quezon Avenue, 2nd lane between MRT North Avenue Station to Quezon Avenue (January 13 to 14)
· Commonwealth Avenue-Zuzuaregui to Commonwealth Market, 3rd lane between Feria Road and Ilang-Ilang northbound and 4th lane southbound near km. 16 (January 13 to 14)
· Katipunan Avenue, C-5 Southbound going Ortigas Avenue, 2nd lane from center island between Astoria St. and Poseidon Avenue (January 13 to 16)
· Araneta Avenue from Aurora Boulevard to Landargun St. 4th lane from center island (January 13 to 16)
· EDSA, Caloocan City, northbound lane going to Monumento, 3rd lane from center island, between Mascordo St. and Concepcion St. (January 13 to 16)
· Jose Abad Santos between Solis-Rizal Avenue (January 14)
· Sanciangco and Governor Pascual Road between Gov. Pascual-Catmon Bridge and M.H. Del Pilar-Gen Luna (January 14)
Crack and seal coating
· Quezon Avenue between Welcome Rotonda-Elliptical Road (January 14) and EDSA between Quezon Avenue-Annapolis St. (January 15)
Road repairs and maintenance is made possible in cooperation with the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority.
Please call the DPWH hotline 165-02 or text DPWH (space) message then send to 2920 for any concern, complaint, observation, suggestion and recommendation. (DPWH/RJB/JEG-PIA NCR)