Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Thursday, 21 September 2017 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
PBB Guidelines 2016
Click to Open
PIA Snapshot

120201-r6-goodjob
PIA Online
One Mindanao eNewsmagazine
One Visayas eNewsletter
One Luzon eNewsmagazine
ST@R eNewsmagazine
PIA Members Only:
PMIS | PANP Phone Directory
PIAEA Corner:
Application | View PIAEA Site
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
Information to Empower Filipinos
English NewsFoto ArchivesRegional WatchOFW Watch
FrontpageHeadlines by RegionNews ArchivePIA SpecialsICT News

PIA Press Release
Saturday, January 21, 2012

 

5,300 Cordi youth set to benefit from SPES program

BAGUIO CITY, Jan. 21(PIA) -- More poor but deserving students are set to benefit from the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE-CAR) Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) for this year.

According to DOLE-CAR Regional Director Atty. Sixto Rodriguez, from the P8 million SPES budget for Cordillera in 2011, budget allocation for this year is increased to P30 Million, which from the 4,000 beneficiaries of the program in 2011, the target beneficiaries for this year also increase to 5,300.

“Encouraging poor but deserving students or out of school youth (OSYs) to participate in the SPES program would mean giving them the opportunity not only to raise money for their education but most importantly preparing them or exposing them to actual work situation”, Rodriguez said.

“Through the program, the student beneficiaries while working will be able to acquire basic skills and work experiences and at the same time, may learn the aspect of values formation and work appreciation,” he added.

Rodriguez also encouraged interested youths to visit the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) in their respective areas to enlist or inquire about the SPES program.

DOLE-CAR’s target beneficiaries are distributed as follows: Abra, 685; Apayao, 265; Benguet, 1,459; Baguio City, 1,459; Ifugao, 477; Kalinga, 478, and Mt. Province, 477.

Under the SPES, an employment facilitation program of DOLE, partner employers, may it be a local government unit or private establishment, pays 60 percent of the students wage while the remaining 40 percent will be shouldered by DOLE.

As for qualification requirement, any student or youth applicant to the program should be at least 15 years of age but not more than 25 years old; enrolled or intending to enroll in any educational institution for secondary, tertiary or technical-vocation education and must also have a good standing or an average passing grade in the last semester or last school year attended ; and whose combined net income after tax of parents does not exceed the poverty threshold for a family of six in CAR or P117, 318.00 per annum. (JDP/LD-PIA CAR)

Latest Stories
  • DOST project beneficiary produces biggest 'ulang' (R02)
  • Solar energy to light up 75 more houses in off-grid areas in NegOr (R07)
  • DA plans to use Mindanao program in Luzon (R11)
  • DSWD 1 marks its 61st anniversary celeb in February (R01)
  • 500 poor families get 'bags of blessing' (R06)
  • Close to 200 Negros Occidental police officers get promotion (R06)
  • NGO urges public to collect, propagate seeds to create native tree forests in CV (R07)
  • Police Information Officers receives commendation medals (R06)
  • DSWD brings Pantawid Pamilya program to Dumaguete City (R07)
  • LGU issues guidelines on use of municipal filling station (CAR)
  • NGO to hold free breast, cervical cancer screening (R07)
  • Aklan detainees trained on proper waste management (R06)
  • Hiligaynon news: DOLE 6 may bag-o nga direktor (R06)
  • Mangrove tree planting to highlight World Wetlands Day (R06)
  • Balikbayan finds ulang production profitable (R02)
  • Hiligaynon news: Impormasyon sa populasyon sa Iloilo nagapakita pagkinahanglan sa pagmanehar sing maayo (R06)
  • Various activities to mark World Wetlands Day in Iloilo (R06)
  • Tagalog News: Tapul Reef, ipinapadeklarang fish sanctuary (MIM)
  • Hiligaynon news: Alert Level sa Yemen napanubo sa level 2 – DFA (R06)
  • P118-M worth of Infra projects implemented by Dipolog in 2011 (R09)
    FotoCatalogSitestats  
    GOOD NEWS Series
    goodnews
    PIA Special Sites:

    ASEAN Philippines

    Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
    For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
    Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
    PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines