Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Sunday, 20 October 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2007/09/08

Prepare for village, SK polls, Leyte solon advises

By Bong Pedalino

MAASIN CITY (8 September) -- In the light of uncertainty on whether or not the scheduled barangay and youth elections would push through next month, Rep. Roger Mercado offered this advice: just prepare.

The lone Southern Leyteno lawmaker stressed that those aspiring to become leaders in their respective barangays better get ready for the October 29 balloting, for even if it will be postponed there's still no harm in preparing.

Cong. Mercado made the unsolicited advice to interested, would-be candidates in an informal talk with local media right after the Provincial Development Council (PDC) meeting at the Ruperto K. Kangleon (RKK) Function house here today, September 7.

This was the very first PDC meeting presided by Gov. Damian Mercado since he assumed the new post three months ago.

Mercado said the certificates of candidacy will be received by the Comelec for the village polls in a months' time, and granting that a measure seeking to postpone the said elections can pass in the Lower House it will still be delayed in the Senate, and would be overtaken by time, he added.

In any case, whether the village polls can be reset or pushed through, he remained steadfast in his advice to interested takers to just be ready and prepare.

In two other national developments where his views was sought, first on the controversial NBN deal, Cong. Mercado said he would rather wait for the congressional investigation to unfold before making comment.

On the upcoming verdict on the Erap case, whether it has serious, adverse implications in the country, he said he saw no such scenario, saying the case had been handled by the Sandiganbayan, and now it is just the time to hear the decision. (PIA-Southern Leyte) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Davao Sur welcomes newest hydro plant
»ComVal formulates master plan for agri center
»Feature: Good news for delinquent SSS housing loan borrowers
»Name Davao City's new park and win a prize
»Ramadan starts this month
»New investments in Davao Fish Port bared
»Kalinga DepEd completes physical facilities development plan
»No rice shortage in Kalinga, Ifugao - NFA
»Marginalized women undergo livelihood training
»20 couples join mass wedding on Sept. 22 in Tabuk
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines