Stepped up effort vs dengue urged
by Jemin B. Guillermo
Roxas City (6 August) -- Dengue has already claimed the lives of two Capiceņo children.
Based on the report of the Provincial Health Office (PHO) of Capiz, the province has already recorded two deaths due to dengue.
Provincial Sanitary Inspector Jane Delos Reyes revealed that the two children age 9 and 11 are residents of Bolo and Tanza Gua, Roxas City, respectively.
Delos Reyes disclosed that as of July 23, Capiz has registered 68 dengue cases already with male as most of the victims.
She said that mostly of the victims of dengue fever are between one to nine years old, followed by those who are between 10 to 19 years old.
In the past five years, last year recorded the highest victims of dengue with 430 cases, she said, adding that it was also in 1998 that the province posted 683 cases followed by the 611 cases in 2002.
Meanwhile, health officials here have been urging all sectors, especially the schools and the community, to step up their effort in cleanliness and sanitation activities.
Delos Reyes said that they have also tapped the church to help in the war against dengue, particularly through advocacy campaign. (PIA) [top]