Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Saturday, 19 October 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2008/08/29

Gov't reiterates P5-M reward for Bravo's capture

by Rutchie Cabahug-Aguhob

Cagayan de Oro City (29 August) -- The government has reiterated its offer of a P5 million reward for information on the whereabouts of Commander Bravo of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

Bravo, notorious leader of the MILF lawless elements, had committed terroristic acts and heinous crimes when he and his followers burned houses and killed innocent civilians in Kolambugan and Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte last Aug. 18.

The group was also responsible for destroying an undetermined number of livestock, crops, livelihood facilities/equipment and in ransacking stores, shops, warehouses and other establishments in the said areas.

Since then, troops of the Western Command, Armed Forces of the Philippines had stepped-up operations against them.

"In fact, there had been no let-up in the follow-up offensive military operations against this lawless group," Maj. Benedicto Manquiquis, Commanding Officer of the 1st CMOU, CMOG, PA said during a press briefing at the PIA Office, Iligan City.

Hence, we are calling on all civilians who have knowledge on Bravo's whereabouts to come forward in order to neutralize his group and claim the reward, he said.

A recent bomb run in Bravo and his group's pin-pointed position conducted by the Philippine Air Force through their OV-10 firefighting planes has resulted in persistent reports that Bravo himself was wounded and that he was evacuated to Marawi City for treatment.

There are even reports that Bravo's son who just graduated from the Mindanao State University (MSU), recently, his perceived successor, died as a result of this offensive. However, this has yet to be verified, Manquiquis said.

He also said an almost 3-hour encounter on Aug. 25 between operating troops of the 33rd Infantry Battalion, PA with about 50 MILF members in Barangay Lunsod, Poona Piagapo, Lanao del Norte resulted in five (5) enemies killed and 10 wounded while five (5) of the government troops were also wounded in action (WIA). (PIA 10) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Task Force C-130 Hercules lacks sonar equipment
»Task Force C130 has enough naval assets for search
»Crash search highlights equipment lack
»Tagum to use human excreta as fertilizer
»Region XI hosts Mindanao consultation-dialogue on situation analysis of children in RP
»112 teams in join Davao's biggest football tourney
»Davao Norte launches stream bank protection and rehabilitation project
»Panabo exec activates Rat Patrol
»700 Panaboans apply for Gaisano mall
»Panabo Rotary reaches out to daycare children
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines