Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Sunday, 26 May 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << May 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/01/05

MGB brass clarifies report on capsized vessel

Tuguegarao City (5 January) -- The Mines and Geosciences Bureau Regional office has cleared that there is no illegal mining in any part of the first district of Cagayan.

The statement of MGB was made in view of reports coming out that there is now on-going mining in the municipality of Lal-lo where the thousands of tons of magnetite sand was loaded in a Korean vessel Namyang-8 that listed off the coast of Claveria, Cagayan.

MGB Director Mario Ancheta explained that the magnetite sand was a stock pile or was previously kept in the shores of the Cagayan River in Lal-lo, Cagayan and it was only then that it was hauled by said vessel to be delivered to China.

According to the Director, this is also before DENR Sec. Lito Atienza released a freeze and desist order last September 2009. The required documents for the magnetite sand was also prepared and these passed the mineral or export permit issued by the local government of the province of Cagayan and was signed by the DENR. Secretary

Director Ancheta assured that there is no illegal mining in the town of Lal-lo and in the towns of Buguey and Aparri. Ancheta also said the cease and desist order is being implemented in said municipalities and assured the public that there is nothing to worry regarding the incident.

Meanwhile, Mayor Ismael Tumaru of Aparri, Cagayan and reacting to reports on the issue said the barges were temporarily anchored at the Port of Aparri but the magnetite sand ore actually came from Catayuan, Lal-lo. The statement of the Mayor was supported with a letter from the Corporate Secretary of San You Philippines Mining Trade Ltd., Inc., which he read out during an interview. (PIA 2) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»66IB troopers rescue victims of vehicular mishap
»Terrorists' victims in Southern Mindanao region rise to 83 at yearend
»Comelec no right to disqualify militants without complaints, explains official
»Feature: Rizal Day echoes call for justice
»Davao gets award for anti-smoking efforts
»Teachers to have easier time in May polls - Comelec
»79 murdered by NPA in 2009, says military
»Gov. Uy wishes a peaceful Comval, election
»Datu Khomeini performs in Tagum
»Cebuano News: P1.5M kantidad sa tseke gipang apod-apod ni Mayor Silvosa
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines