Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Saturday, 25 May 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << May 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/01/07

PhilHealth simplifies reimbursement claims for healthcare providers

Tuguegarao City (7 January) -- With the new reimbursement scheme that took effect recently, HEALTH care providers accredited by the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) need not wait for several months before receiving their refunds.

Dr. Rey Aquino, PhilHealth President and CEO, in introducing the Simplified Reimbursement Scheme (SRS) said that its primary objective is to provide for faster and more efficient reimbursement process to boost PhilHealth's partnership with its health care providers.

Under the SRS, provider claims of eligible members shall be paid 75 percent of the amount being claimed and the remaining 25 percent shall be paid subject to review of the submitted documents.

The PhilHealth Chief said they need to ascertain the completeness of the documents submitted, and check on the member's eligibility for availment, but eligible claims of accredited providers shall be processed and paid within 30 days from receipt.

Oscar Abadu, Jr., PhilHealth Region 2 Officer-in-Charge emphasized that the SRS will not be applied to claims for professional fees of accredited physicians, case payments and directly-filed member's claims.

Health care providers are required to comply with existing PhilHealth policies, and adherence to applicable laws and clinical standards of practice shall also be monitored and any deviations or violations on existing policies and guidelines shall be excluded from the scheme without prejudice to other appropriate actions the Corporation may undertake. (PhilHealth/PIA 2) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»2009 inflation within target, registers at 3.2%
»KALAHI-CIDSS covers more than 1M households
»Tourism players see media role in promoting Davao region
»NPAs terrorize Davao Oriental barangays, says military
»Agila Battalion initiates CIVAC
»Feature: Agila Battalion's Christmas outreach program
»National Achievement Test set in March
»PGMA graciously welcomes honor accorded her as adopted daughter of Ifugao
»Philhealth remittance-by-air enables individual members to pay premiums through texting
»Waray-Waray News: PGMA iginmandu nga dagmiton an pagkalsada ha Agusan
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines