CSC opens LSP-MDC, sets deadline for February 10
Legazpi City (4 February) -- Here's good news for government workers who would want to pursue a post graduate degree.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) in Bicol is accepting applications for the Local Scholarship Program-Master's Degree Course (LSP-MDC) Written Test until February 10, 2010.
Under the program, a one-year scholarship grant to pursue master's degree will be provided government employees after passing the written test and an interview.
The LSP-MDC Written Test, which will be conducted nationwide on March 28, 2010, is intended for school year 2011-2012.
State workers who hold a bachelor's degree and a permanent appointment for the last three years, with performance ratings of at least "Very Satisfactory" for the last two consecutive rating periods, without any master's degree at present, not been convicted of any administrative/criminal offense for the last three years, in good health and physically and mentally fit to perform graduate studies, may qualify for the scholarship program.
The scholarship is also open to state employees who have previously earned master's units, who are on thesis writing, who have availed of a short-term course, and event hose who have pending administrative cases, without prejudice to automatic revocation of the scholarship should they later be found guilty of an administrative offense.
Employees who hold co-terminus appointment, so long as they can fulfill the service obligation and are not related to the agency head within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity, may also apply for the program.
Interested applicants must complete the following requirements and submit them to the CSC Regional Office 5, Rawis, Legazpi City or to any field offices in the province of Albay:
1) Properly accomplished application form (CS Form 101-B, Revised March 2006 available at CSC regional/field offices and website: www.csc.gov.ph);
2) four copies of identical, 1.5"x2" I.D. pictures with full name tag and taken within the last three months prior to application;
3) original and photocopy of one valid I.D. card;
4) photocopy of performance rating for the last two consecutive rating periods prior to application;
5) photocopy of college diploma, or certificate of graduation;
6) service record for the last three years; and
7) medical certificate on the state of health and physical and mental fitness of the applicant. No examination fee will be charged.
All applicants must have the nomination of their respective agency heads.