PIA Press Release
Central Luzon, big winner in 2010 national OTOP awards
San Fernando City, Pampanga (14 March) -- Central Luzon Region bagged four honors in the recently concluded 2010 National OTOP (One Town, One Product) Awards in Philippine Trade Training Center, Pasay City.
Specialized gown and barong maker Bagong Barrio Multi-Purpose Cooperative of Pandi, Bulacan was named National and Luzon Island Outstanding OTOP MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneur) while Department of Science and Technology Region 3 branches in Bataan, Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac and Zambales got the Most Supportive Partner Organization-Luzon Island title.
On the other hand, Balanga City (of Bataan) was given the Best Implementer-Luzon Island prize for its production of processed fish notably tuyo and tinapa.
Here is the complete list of the other awardees:
- Outstanding MSME, Luzon Island - Ai-She Footwear of Liliw, Laguna
- Outstanding MSME, Visayas Island - Iloilo Kawayan Marketing
- Outstanding MSME, Mindanao Island - Lao Intergrated Farm of Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- National and Visayas Island Best Implementer - Numancia, Aklan (Vermicast Organic Fertilizer)
- Best Implementer, Luzon Island - La Union (Honey)
- Best Implementer, Mindanao Island - President Quirino, Sultan Kudarat (Muscuvado Sugar)
- National and Mindanao Island Most Supportive Partner Organization - Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) branch in Zamboanga del Norte
- Most Supportive Partner Organization, Luzon Island - San Pablo City (in Laguna) Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Most Supportive Partner Organization, Visayas Island - Negros Oriental Investment Promotion Center
According to Department of Trade and Industry Region 3 Director Blesila Lantayona, the nominees were judged on their accomplishments particularly their earnings and the jobs they had generated. (PIA 3) [top]