Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Saturday, 19 October 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/03/31

Pangasinan opens summer jobs

Lingayen, Pangasinan (31 March) -- Poor but deserving Pangasinense students will be given summer jobs by the provincial government under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES).

Public Employment Service Office chief Alex Ferrer said that qualified indigent students will be deployed to the provincial hospital, district hospitals and the Lingayen beachfront area for 20 days with a wage of P311 per day which is equivalent to the daily rate of a casual employee.

The provincial government shoulders 60 percent of the daily wage of the students covering the employment period from April 7 to May 12, while the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) shoulders the remaining 40 percent.

The SPES is a program mandated under Republic Act No. 7323 enacted on February 6, 1992 otherwise known as An Act to Help Poor but Deserving Students Pursue their Education by Encouraging their Employment During Summer and/or Christmas Vacations.

Gov. Amado T. Espino, Jr. said that the program is one of the pro-poor program thrusts that his administration fully supports to further strengthen youth development and empowerment.

The governor said that the program will not only develop or enhance the intellectual capacity of children of poor families but rather make them more self-sufficient by giving them employment during school breaks.

Last year, 50 students benefitted from the program.

Interested applicants were advised to contact the PESO office here. (PIO/PIA Pangasinan) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»RPOC-13 conducts 2 outreach activities in March
»DILG-13 develops website
»6 Dinagat towns plan for development
»Trainings held for DILG-13 technical staff
»Davao City eyes digital theater
»Feature: Environment as pressing political issue
»Women group pushes for political participation
»Women cited for role in fight against climate change
»Davao City mayor gets tough on liquor ban violators
»500 Davao students avail of scholarship grant
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines