Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 18 June 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << June 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/05/01

SPES employs 505 students in Mt Province

by Juliet B. Saley

Bontoc, Mt. Province (1 May) -- The summer jobs offered under the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) of the Department of Labor and Employment is benefiting some 505 students who are employed in various local government units in the province.

According to Ms. Miguela Limmayog, Provincial Head of DOLE Mt. Province Field Office, the provincial government employed the most number with 300 students who were distributed to the ten different municipalities in the province.

The local government unit of Natonin hired 64 students. The towns of Sagada hired 45 students, Barlig with 29 students, Bontoc and Tadian hired 25 students each and Besao with 17 students.

Students hired by the provincial government and the local government units of Barlig, Natonin, Sagada, Besao and Bontoc work for 20 days and students hired by the Tadian LGU work for 30 days each.

These students are paid a salary which is at least equal to the applicable minimum wage. Students employed by Barlig, Sagada and Besao LGUs shall receive a daily wage of P168.00; Natonin, Bontoc and Tadian LGUs pay each student a daily wage of P173.27 while the students employed by the provincial government shall receive a daily wage of P207.91.

Under the SPES program, 60 percent of the daily wage will be paid by the employer in cash while the remaining 40 percent will be paid by DOLE in the form of education voucher.

The Department of Labor and Employment has allotted P796,640.80 for this year's SPES program in Mt. province which represents the agency's 40 percent counterpart and the provincial government together with the six local government units allotted a total amount of P1,248,534.00 representing the employer's 60 percent counterparty. (PIA-MP) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Save energy on election day, urges coop
»Phivolcs, Kyoto University conduct active faults mapping in Eastern Mindanao
»High value crop growers benefit from El Nino, reports DA
»Feature: UM Golden Harvest awardee is a social worker
»POEA announces EPS-Korean language test schedule
»MinDA bares contingency plan for 2010 elections
»RDC XI endorses P19.4-B worth of projects for Davao Region in 2011
»KALAHI-CIDSS New Corella team holds workshop
»Cebuano News: Sa Comval: Dul-an 400 opisyales sa kooperatiba miapil sa joint orientation forum
»Cebuano News: Sa Comval: Pulis ug militar magtinabangay aron protektahan ang BEI sa Mayo 10 nga piniliay
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines