Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Wednesday, 24 April 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << April 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/11/12

PLGU, Govs' League shell out P1.2m to typhoon victims

by Vency D. Bulayungan

Lagawe, Ifugao (12 November) -- The provincial government here allocated P 1 million from its calamity funds while the League of Governors shared P200,000.00 as part of efforts to rehabilitate families affected by typhoon Juan which pummeled the province last month.

Erlinda Lunag, of the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO) said each of the 46 families whose houses were totally damaged will receive P10,000.00 as emergency shelter assistance to help defray the purchase of materials for the construction of their houses.

Lunag said that the provincial government will also distribute P5,000.00 each household whose houses were partially damaged.

PSWDO records showed that were 755 families affected of which 46 have totally blown down houses and 709 have partially damaged houses.

The municipality of Alfonso Lista got the highest number of totally damaged houses with 23, followed by Tinoc with 14, Banaue -8, Aguinaldo-6 and Mayoyao-3.

"We are already processing the necessary documents before calling for them to receive the said money," Lunag said.

As of now, most of the families whose houses are totally blown down are worried on where to get an amount for food much more with the rebuilding of a new house for the family," Lunag said.

The PSWDO together with SN Aboitiz and DSWD-CAR earlier distributed three kinds of family food packs to said victims. The said food packs contained rice, canned goods and others.

Meanwhile, Lunag disclosed that the families of the two who died in Tinoc and Banaue due to drowning and landslide respectively received cash assistance of P10,000.00 each. (PIA-Ifugao) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»PCOO creates Central Communications Desk
»Minimum wage earners in Central Luzon to get P14 increase
»Kalinga province is now insurgency free
»Army troops overrun communist terrorist camp in Lacub, Abra
»Davao eyes non-voice BPO industry
»P-P partnership in advocating biodiversity
»Farmers, gov't join forces in promoting organic farming
»RH bill advocates to Bishops: Don't go low, be respectable, and be constructive
»Senate defense committee approves increase of combat duty pay
»About P20-billion eyed as DATE windfall
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines