PNP Caraga moves vs illegal gambling
Butuan City (20 November) -- PNP elements of Surigao City Police Station led by PINSP FRUCTOSO E JABONERO conducted intensified operations against illegal gambling locally known as "swertres" which resulted in the apprehension of the following persons:
1. Cyrus Edillo Cabarubias, 44 yrs old, jobless and res of Pantalan 2, Surigao City. Apprehension took place at Surigao City Public Market on November 17, 2010 at 2:30 pm and confiscated from his possession were bet money amounting to Php 187.00 and one swertres stub.
2. Sherbyl Joria Catapang, 29 yrs old, single, jobless and res of Baybay Parola, Brgy Taft, Surigao City. Apprehension took place at Luneta Park, Surigao City on November 17, 2010 at 2:40 pm. Confiscated from her possession were 2 pcs tally sheets, bet stub, pocketbook with swertres marking, calculator and ball pen;
3. Zenaida Predog y Cuares, 50 yrs old, married, jobless and res of Brgy Mabuhay, Sison, Surigao del Norte. Confiscated from her possession were one (1) swertres tip, 2 pcs tally sheets, photocopy of Birada Magazine tip, ballpen and bet money amounting to Php 40.00. Apprehension took place at Luneta Park, Surigao City on November 17, 2010 at 2:45 pm.
Cases for violation of RA 9287 are now prepared for filing in court. Progress report to follows.
Report on Alleged robbery hold-up
One Hyundai Grace Passenger van color gray, bearing plate number LYE 504, registered in the name of Romeo P Lambot and presently owned by Niņo Jack Pongo was allegedly robbed/held by three unidentified suspects, two of whom wearing "tubaw/shawl", while the other one wore bonnet and armed with cal.45 pistol. Initial investigation conducted disclosed that while the said vehicle was on its way to Surigao City on November 16, 2010 at 8:00 pm and upon reaching Brgy Alipao, Alegria, Surigao del Norte, one of the suspects who was seated behind the driver pulled a cal.45 and declared hold-up while two of his companions divested valuable items from the passengers to wit:
1. Nenita Behing Pedrosa, 42 yrs old, married, businesswoman and res of P-11, Navaica, Brgy San Juan, Surigao City. Taken from her possession were cash money amounting to Php 5,500.00 and one unit Nokia cell phone 91K
2. Ramil Iligan Escanilla, 25 yrs old, single, driver and res of Navaica, Brgy San Juan, Surigao City
3. Niņo Jack Dalongos Pongo, 21 yrs old, single, owner of the vehicle and res of P-7, Navaica, Brgy San Juan, Surigao City. Taken from his possession were cash money amounting to Php 700.00 and one Nokia cell phone; and
4. Mark Glenn Moca Espinoza, 22 yrs old, single and res of Poblacion, Alegria, Surigao del Norte. Taken from his possession was cash money amounting to Php 500.00.
Upon receipt of the report, PNP personnel of Surigao City Police Station coordinated and referred the case to Alegria Municipal Police Station for proper disposition. Progress report to follows.
Bayugan City police arrest wanted persons
One Paterno Nestle y Mijares, 54 yrs old, married and one Teresita Nestle y Varona, 49 yrs old, both res of Purok 4, Brgy Taglatawan, Bayugan City were arrested on November 18, 2010 at 9:00 am at said place PNP elements of Bayugan City Police Station led by PO3 Nestor Rasonabe by virtue of WOA dated November 12, 2010, issued by Hon Judge Lou A Nueva of 5th MCTC, Bayugan City for the crime of grave oral defamation, docketed under CC nr 8982-10-K-57 with recommended bailbond amounting to Php 6,000.00 each. Subject persons now detained at Bayugan City Police Stations for proper disposition.
Also, one Wilfredo M Ruiz, 58 yrs old, married and res of Purok 7, Brgy Camagong, Nasipit, Agusan del Norte was arrested by PNP elements of Nasipit MPS led by PO1 Robert S Maglasang by virtue of WOA, dated November 3, 2010, issued by Hon Judge Francisco F Maclang of RTC Branch 3, Libertad, Butuan City for the crime of estafa, docketed under CC nr 14483, with recommended bailbond amounting to Php 80,000.00. Apprehension took place at Purok 7, Brgy Camagong, Nasipit, Agusan del Norte on November 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm.
Subject person now detained at Nasipit MPS Detention Cell for proper disposition.
Report on illegal drugs
PNP elements of Butuan City Police Station 1 led by PINSP RODOLFO C LEDESMA together with the personnel from Butuan City Public Safety Company led by PCINSP FERDINAND B DACILLO under the close supervision of PSUPT JOSEPH B BOQUIREN, Station Commander of Butuan City Police Station 1, conducted anti- illegal drugs operation thru the implementation of search warrant nr 02-2010 at the residence of Ronil Nalla y Conserman, 25 yrs old, res of P-5, Jerusalem, Brgy 15, San Ignacio, Butuan City on November 19, 2010 at 11:30 am.
Seized during the search were three (3) sachet of suspected shabu, 16 transparent cellophane, 3 pair of scissor, one blade, 5 disposable lighters, 1 black canister, 1 bambo stripper, 1 unit Nokia1202 Cellphone, 20 pcs Twenty Peso Bill, 2 cs Fifty Peso Bill, 16 pcs one hundred peso bill, 4 pcs two hundred peso bill, 3 pcs five hundred peso bill and 1 pc one thousand peso bill.
Said suspect was brought to Butuan City Police Station 1 for investigation together with seized items for proper disposition. (PNP-13/PIA-Caraga) [top]