PIA Press Release
Feature: How can the Filipino youth help the country?
Iloilo City (3 December) -- How can the Filipino youth, once referred to as hope of the Fatherland, help the country?
President Benigno S. Aquino III said there are'12 Little Things Our Youth Can Do To Help Our Country" for them to help the country move forward and in effecting positive change in his speech during the 147th birth anniversary of Andres Bonifacio at the La Consolacion College in Mendiola, Manila.
Here are the "12 Little Things" that President Aquino urged the youth to strive to do:
- Be On Time, Honor Your Commitments.
- Fall in Line, Respect Others.
- Sing our national anthem with pride.
- Study well. Give your best in everything you do.
- Do not cheat or steal. Report any crime or illegal act.
- Conserve water, plant a tree and dispose your garbage properly.
- Do not smoke, avoid drugs and stay away from vices.
- Buy Pinoy. Do not buy fake or smuggled goods.
- Save, invest and learn business early.
- During elections, vote for and support the best candidate.
- Respect our elders, practice mano po.
- Pray for our country and our people.
A Malacanang report further said that President Aquino also enjoined the youth not just to pray hard but to do their share in nation building and in being part of the positive change by being active participants in discourses.
"A lot more positive changes have been happening. Let us be part in bringing about such change," the President said. (PIA) [top]