Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 21 November 2017 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << November 2017 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/10/04

Three more remains of CPP-NPA purging victims uncovered

Tacloban City (October 4) -- Three more remains of alleged victims of CPP-NPA-NDF purging were uncovered three days ago at Sitio Mahangin, Barangay Caulisihan, Inopacan, Leyte.

This was revealed by Col. Allan Ragpala, commander of the 802nd Infantry Division of the 8th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army based in Burauen, Leyte , in an interview with PIA.

Col. Ragpala said that this is part of the continuous search for the remains of the purging victims by the relatives and by the elements of the 43rd Infantry Battalion under the command of Lt. Colonel Mario Lacurom. The 43rd IB established a command post at Barangay Caulisihan after the discovery of the mass gravesite in Sitio Sapang Dacu, Barangay Caulisihan.

The three newly unearthed remains were found in a Sitio near Sapang Dacu which confirms the report of the witnesses and former NPA supporters who alleged that some of the victims who could not bear the torture die on the way to the “Garden.” Those who died along the way could have been buried right there where they expired, Col. Ragpala opined.

On September 12, four skulls were unearthed from a mass grave in Sitio Bugang, Caulisihan (the same barangay where Sapang Daku mass grave was located), Inopacan town while two skulls were uncovered three days later, in a mass grave in the far-flung barangay Monterico of Baybay town.

Col. Allan Ragpala, said the military will not stop in its efforts to locate more graves of the victims of rebel atrocities. "This is the only way, we can give justice to the victims and peace of mind to their relatives," Col. Ragpala said.

Meanwhile, Col. Lacurom said his troops will remain indefinitely in Barangay Caulisihan and at the advance command post at Barangay Gumbang on orders from Major General Rodrigo Maclang, the commanding general of the 8th Infantry Division, to search for more gravesites in the area.

Based on the reports of the former NPA supporters and the witnesses, the military had earlier estimated to about 300, the number of persons killed during the purging called the Anti-Venereal Disease Campaign within the ranks of the CPP-NPA. (PIA 8) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»DavNor eyed as potential eco-cultural tourism site
»Europeans to invest on energy
»One Network Bank goes Saturday banking
»Feature: Teens more focused on adolescent issues
»Governance forum links theory, practice
»Japan Foundation issues guidelines for fellowship studies
»Komentaryo: Humingi ng Resibo campaign, patuloy pa rin
»Three more remains of CPP-NPA purging victims uncovered
»Leyte gears for 62nd Leyte Landings anniversary celebration
»Gov. Lerias lobbies for livelihood projects in relocation sites
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines