PIA Press Release
CEO EXCEL Awards deadline reset to Oct. 16; forum slated
Quezon City (9 October) -- The CEO EXCEL (Communication Excellence in Organizations) Awards deadline for nominations has been reset to Monday, October 16, in view of appeals from nominators to consider the delays caused by the recent typhoon.
In extending the deadline, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Philippines also gained time to enrich the Awards program on November 8, 2006 with a Social Media Forum on the latest technologies and strategies that make for more effective CEO communication.
The Forum will be held at 4 p.m. to precede the Awards cocktails at 6 p.m. at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). The awards ceremonies will follow at 7 p.m., and a formal dinner will cap the proceedings.
"We are glad to note that more organizations in the private sector, public offices and civil society are entering their top-level executives to the CEO EXCEL Awards, showing how highly they value top-management communication in pursuing business and stakeholder objectives," said Ms Cosette Romero, general manager of Fleishman Hillard Manila and IABC Philippines president.
The CEO EXCEL Awards, the most prestigious recognition given to Philippine-based CEOs, presidents or top-level executives of 12 industry categories, is the Philippine version of the world IABC Excel Awards held yearly in the U.S. or Canada.
Nominators must comply strictly with the rules set forth in official nomination forms issued by the IABC Secretariat, which may be reached through tel. nos. 750-5667, 751-3205 and 750-1481, or through email email@example.com.
The Secretariat will be accepting nominations until the evening of October 16 at its office at Penthouse 9, Manilabank Bldg. Ayala Ave. near the corner of Paseo de Roxas, Makati City. Nomination fee is Php 10,000.
CEOs may be nominated either by their own organization or by another organization, provided that in the latter case, the CEO nominee must sign the form indicating his or her acceptance of the nomination.
Judging is done by an independent panel of judges, composed of highly experienced management and communication professionals, and the judging is monitored and tallied by a world renowned audit firm.
IABC Philippines is the leading association of PR and communication practitioners, and is an official chapter of the 13,000-member world IABC based in San Francisco, Calif., USA.
Nominations are accepted in the following categories:
- Manufacturing, Processing and Extractive Industries
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Agri-business
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Utilities, Transportation and Telecommunications
- Real Estate Development, Construction, Architectural and Infrastructure
- Hotels, Restaurants, Tourism and Hospitality Industries
- Wholesaling, Retailing, Marketing and Distribution
- Academic, Research and Training Institutions
- Professional and Personal Services (rendered by a company)
- Government Executive Agencies, GOCC?s and LGU?s
- Non-Gov?t Organizations, Corporate Foundations, Industry Associations and Civil Society
- Media, Advertising, PR, Entertainment, Special Events and Sports