Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Monday, 23 October 2017 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2017 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/10/18

Southern Mindanao still on high alert

By Mai Gevera

Davao City (18 October) -- The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) are not lowering their guards as the Southern part of Mindanao still remains on alert level four.

Eastern Mindanao Command chief Rodolfo Obaniana bared that the military’s intelligence is not taking for granted the capability and high intent of the terrorists to do more harm after the recent bombing in Makilala, South Cotabato.

“We are monitoring four to five municipalities which we believe are target of terrorism," said Obaniana.

Though he opted not to disclose the names of these municipalities so as not to create undue alarm, the said official had already met with the mayors of the said towns and discussed precautionary measures to address terrorism.

The AFP has seen similarities of previous bombings that happened in Jolo and the recent bombing in North Cotabato.

“These are connected bombing incidents that employed similar strategies like transfer of funds to create havoc," he added.

EastMinCom has no additional troops to strengthen the operations, however, Obaniana has ordered the elements for more visibility and sharper intelligence operations.

He said that there is a movement of troops from old stations to a more threatened areas as identified by the military.

Obaniana also clarified that the military is not tagging the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) on the said bombing, although the AFP is taking a look on such angle after some talks linking the MILF on what happened. (PIA XI) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Southern Mindanao still on high alert
»Official clears Muslims from Makilala bombing
»Travel advisories making investments more expensive
»Agri investors do ocular inspection of investment areas
»ComVal ARC coop grabs Business Excellence Award for SMEs
»Overcoming extreme poverty week set October 17-23
»NFEM conducts blood-letting activity
»DPWH to demolish 1,226 illegal billboards & structures in Davao Region
»Maximum alert in Davao continues
»Mindanao schools get grants, teachers training
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines