Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 28 March 2017 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << March 2017 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/10/22

Bombing raps vs MILF to be dropped, says Kabalu

COTABATO CITY (22 October) -- The Moro Islamic Liberation front (MILF) on Saturday said that the government was already working for the dropping of charges against its chairman Murad Ebrahim in connection with the recent bombings in Central Mindanao.

Eid Kabalu, MILF spokesperson, said he and other MILF members were told the charges have not been formally filed in court yet.

"It's only the result of police investigation. The charges were not yet formally filed in the court. The government is doing verification right now and later, the dropping of chairman Murad's name from the list of suspects would be worked out," he said.

Kabalu declined to name the MILF's source but hinted he works with the government peace panel.

Jesus Dureza, Presidential peace adviser, said Malacañang would not get involved in the issue although he had said earlier that he believed Ebrahim was innocent.

He said President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was letting investigators do their job to determine whether there was evidence to charge Ebrahim for the bombings in Tacurong City, Makilala, North Cotabato and this city. Six people died in the explosions while two dozen others were injured.

"The logical sequence will take place because we have a due process to follow. His case is being handled by Secretary Silvestre Afable," Dureza said. Afable is chief government negotiator.

Dureza said that contrary to Kabalu's information, the case has already been filed.

"It will depend on the evidence because the case was already filed. But personally, I believe he is not involved," Dureza said.

Superintendent Marcelo Pintac, chief of the police's Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in North Cotabato, said the police have a witness against Murad.

"A witness told investigators that it was he (Ebrahim) who ordered the conduct of bombings," Pintac said.

But Kabalu maintained that Ebrahim could not have ordered the attacks because the MILF always believed that civilians are not legitimate military targets. (PIA) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Central Philippines governors help promote the super-region
»PGMA presents awards to 2006 most business-friendly LGUs
»2006 most business-friendly municipality willing to share experience with other LGUs
»Other LGUs urged to follow Tanauan model of business-friendly environment
»Asean Business Summit in Cebu launched
»Commentary: Globally competitive business sector, answer to PGMA’s focus to attain economic growth
»Oct. 31 and Nov. 2 are regular working days – Palace
»227 Mindanao villages get electricity for first time
»Recruiters oppose raising wages of ‘supermaids’
»Bombing raps vs MILF to be dropped, says Kabalu
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines