Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Wednesday, 28 June 2017 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << June 2017 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/10/23

108 Kalinga students receive summer job pay

by Larry Lopez TABUK, Kalinga (23 October) -- Another batch of 108 students who worked last summer under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) received this month their pay from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

Lourdes Canseco of DOLE-Kalinga said the regional office has just released P202,638 as DOLE’s 40% counterpart to the summer job pay of these students. The other 60% share was given earlier by the employing agency.

Last March, 510 students were given job placements in the province by DOLE under the program but only 491 have been endorsed due to non-completion of requirements by 19 of them, Canseco disclosed.

This batch of 108 students bring to 289 the total number of SPES beneficiaries already paid by DOLE under the program this year. The first batch of 181 students received their pay last August.

Canseco hopes that the remaining 202 students will be paid before the end of this month, upon issuance of the National Cash Allotment (NCA) of their office. DOLE has finished processing all the requirements.

She explained the delay in the release of SPES payments was partly due to the late submission by the students of the requirements.

Under RA 7323, students are given opportunities to earn for their education by rendering work in government and private agencies.

Students working under the program, however, receive varied rates depending on the income classification of employing local government units and private agencies. But they are protected under the Minimum Wage Law.

First class municipalities give daily rate of P207.91, while fifth class municipalities offer P168. In the province, only the capital town of Tabuk is under 1st income class.

DOLE clarified that students who availed of the program are paid under a ‘no work, no pay’ contract which serves as basis in the computation of their total pay. (PIA-Kalinga) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Region 8 mayors attend LMP summits on sustainable upland dev't, hunger and population
»Leyte town wins UNDP special citation for "Galing Pook"
»DSWD 8 assures wellbeing of captured and surrendered NPA child-combatants
»Barangays tapped to fight terrorism
»Workers get pay on Muslim holiday
»PGMA China trip to forge stronger ties with a world economic power – Palace
»Bunye cites PAPI for helping local gov'ts promote their economic potentials
»SOFAD tackles adulterated chicken dung
»Benguet pushes for test of water refilling stations
»NVizcaya PHO, PDEA uncover violations of drug testing centers
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines