PIA Press Release
GenSan celebrates e-Business Week to draw business sectors
General Santos City (31 October) -- The 3rd e-Business Week Celebration, slated on October 20-31, 2006, is expected to draw into this City at least ten (10) sectors, namely, ICT providers and suppliers, telco providers, academe, accountants, engineers, graphic designers, would-be-investors and entrepreneurs, companies CEOs and CIOs, training institutions, IT professionals and enthusiasts.
This as the triumvirate e-business stakeholders, specifically the Department Trade and industry, the Integrated Solutions Association of Region 12 GSC Chapter, and the City Government here, line-up eight (8) big activities conducted mainly to promote business opportunities in the area of e-services (IT and IT-enabled) sector.
These events are:
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Forum, October 30, at the Family Country Hotel;
- Personality Communication and Accent Development Course for Contact Center Agents, October 16, 3rd floor SAFI Building;
- JEDI (Java Educational Development Initiative) Training, October 27-31, AMA Computer Learning Center College;
- ICT Exhibit (ICTex), October 26-30, Atrium KCC Mall;
- e-Job Fair October 26-28, Mall way, KCC Mall;
- e-Competition, October 28-30, Mall way, KCC Mall;
- Tech Talks, October 26-30, 2nd floor, KCC Mall;
- Assessment of Medical Transcriptionist, October 27, Transcode One Training Center.
These activities will also highlight the local human resources capabilities of Region XII and are aimed to further enhance the development of Information and Communications Technology of the area, the DTI here quipped. (Luzvimi/PIA Sargen) [top]