ASEAN center to hold conference on best practices in preventive drug education
Quezon City (30 October) -- The ASEAN Training Center on Preventive Drug Education (ATCPDE) will hold a regional Conference on Models and Best Practices in Preventive Drug Education December 2-5, 2007 at the SEAMEO/INNOTECH, in Diliman, Quezon City.
Expected to attend are delegates from ASEAN member-countries as well as local professionals engaged in preventive drug education, according to Dr. Ma. Lourdes H. Pacaldo of UP College of Education, ATCPDE Director.
Pacaldo said the conference is a joint activity with the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) Philippines, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), and the Inter-Agency Council on Drug Abuse Prevention Education (IAC-DAPE).
Conference objectives include: (1) exploring best practices and approaches in training of stakeholders; development of information, education and communication materials; and advocacy and social mobilization on preventive drug education; (2) comparative analysis of models in preventive drug education; and (3) discussion of issues related to preventive drug education.
Conference schedule includes the following:
- Day 1: December 2, 2007
- Arrival of delegates and registration
- Day 2: December 3, 2007
- Opening ceremony
- Models in Information, Education and Communication
- Reducing At-Risk Behavior
- Best Practices in Advocacy and Mobilization
- Day 3: December 4, 2007
- Drug Testing in Schools
- Best Practices in School-Based Drug Prevention Education
- Best Practices in Community-Based Drug Prevention Education
- Closing ceremony
- Day 4: December 5, 2007
- Study Tour to a Community-Based Preventive Drug Education Project
- Study Tour to a Drug Treatment Facility
Conference details may be inquired from Ms Linda Labastida, ATCPDE Secretariat, telefax +632 9289756, email email@example.com, or visit the website at http://www.pia.gov.ph/atcpde (PIA) [top]