Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Wednesday, 23 October 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2009/02/25

Only Davao Norte has ready ECCD sustainability fund - CWC

by JMD Abangan

Tagum City (25 February) -- Davao del Norte is the only province nationwide which has prepared sustainability funds to continue the implementation of Early Childhood Care and Development or Republic Act 8980.

Council for the Welfare of Children (CWC) Administrative Unit head Raprap Camarines Tuesday lauded the provincial government of Davao del Norte for taking steps to sustain the ECCD implementation even when the national project support would soon be pulled out.

National government support to ECCD implementation at the local level will end by December this year. It gets 70 percent support fund from the national government through the CWC while the remaining 30 percent is being shouldered by the local government.

In a separate interview, Provincial Social Welfare Development Officer (PSWDO) Arlene Semblante could not yet offhand tell the exact figure of the sustainability funds to finance the continuation of ECCD implementation.

However, she said Provincial Governor Rodolfo P. del Rosario has committed to continue what has been established with regard to the ECCD implementation. "It is his commitment to continue it. Children (sector) is one of his priorities especially with regard to health and social development aspects of children," she said.

Meanwhile, the provincial government is opening its doors to scrutiny of a team which will look into the extent of the Early Childhood Care Development (ECCD) implementation.

In the opening program held yesterday at the Molave Hotel, municipal coordinating councils from the cities and municipalities of the province presented their respective accomplishments of ECCD implementation to the monitoring team.

Composed of representatives from the regional offices of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the Philippine Information Agency (PIA), the Project Implementation Review (PIR) team will go on field from February 24 to 25 to validate claims of the provincial and municipal governments as to the extent of their ECCD implementation.

Aside from conducting individual interviews with officers involved in ECCD implementation, the monitoring team will also be doing actual visits to selected barangays of the municipalities of New Corella, Asuncion, Sto. Tomas, Talaingod, San Isidro and the Island Garden City of Samal.

On the last day of monitoring, the team is expected to present findings and recommendations to the provincial and the municipal ECCD coordinating councils. Together with the local ECCD coordinating council members, the team will also be coming up with agreement to facilitate project sustainability. (PIA XI) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»NSA Gonzales, bishops push for transparent poll automation
»Soldiers' kids get scholarship
»Only Davao Norte has ready ECCD sustainability fund - CWC
»Joey Ayala lauds Musikahan
»PGMA bares Davao baseport expansion marker
»Army's 10th ID in need of 250 new soldiers
»DTI to create more micro industries in Davao City
»Gov. Malanyaon leads inauguration of shelter units in Davao Oriental
»World-renowned Arnis guru visits Davao
»PGMA matches Pangasinan town's school board's outlay for school improvement projects
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines