Case of reported abduction of Indian immigrant solved; police rules out hoax
by Jocelyn E. Morano
Butuan City (11 June) -- The reported abduction of an undocumented Indian National identified as Hardam Bhullar Singh alyas Romy, 26 years old turned out to be a case of hiding to get away from family problems.
Butuan City Police Station 1 Commander Police Supt. Joseph Boquiren as head of Task Force Pangitaa received a phone call on the night of June 9 from Jaswinder Singh, a cousin of the alleged kidnap victim informing the police that Hardam is in Davao unharmed.
It was also made clear by Supt. Boquiren that Hardam was not abducted contrary to earlier reports and what was happened in Pangabugan area on June 4 was an orchestrated plot to kidnap.
Hardam has yet to be summoned to explain to the police of said incident and accordingly he is due to arrive next week in Butuan.
Hardam, will face possible deportation after immigration authorities searched his records and found out his status as an illegal alien.
To date, Butuan city do not have any confirmed report on kidnapping and Butuan City Police Office assured foreign nationals that there's no need to be alarmed after the said incident and Butuan continue to enjoy as the safest city in Mindanao. (dxBN-Radyo ng Bayan Butuan/PIA-Caraga)
P18-M Nasipit district hospital fully operational
by Jocelyn E. Morano
Butuan City (11 June) -- The municipality of Nasipit inaugurated the newly constructed Nasipit District Hospital yesterday.
The infirmary hospital has a 25 bed capacity and will service the local health zone composed of the municipalities of Nasipit, Carmen and Buenavista.
The inauguration of the P18 million hospital was attended by 2nd District Representative Edelmiro Amante, Agusan del Norte Governor Earlpy John Amante, Nasipit Mayor Roy Doyon, doctors, nurses and other staff from the hospital.
Construction started after the hospital was gutted down from fire that struck in 2005, since then, health services was limited.
The provincial government allocated 17.2 million to rebuild the hospital that caters mostly underprivileged patients.
The 1-story building of Nasipit District Hospital can has the availability to perform 4 delivery operations all at the same time, and much improved rooms for male, female, and pediatric patients.
Dr. Rubie Toribio, Hospital Administrator reminded its nurses and staff to give the best service to the people, not only those from the municipality of Nasipit but also from the neighbouring towns and assured to maintain proper sanitation of the hospital.
Meanwhile, 11 municipalities of the province committed to give 5,000 peso funding and another 10 million peso funding from DOH-Caraga to realize the expansion project of the hospital.
The provincial government continued its 1 million quarterly funding allocations to sustain the availability of medicines.
Governor Earlpy John Amante announced that they are now working to affirm Nasipit District Hospital as a secondary hospital as soon as the provincial government can purchase the almost 10 million x-ray machine as a pre-requisite. (dxBN-Radyo ng Bayan Butuan/PIA-Caraga) [top]