Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 22 October 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2009/06/18

DOH reports 54 A(H1N1) new cases; number now totals 247

Manila (18 June) -- The Department of Health (DOH) said 54 new confirmed cases of influenza A(H1N1) have been reported bringing the positive cases to 247 as of Tuesday (June 16).

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the 54 new cases include 25 males and 29 females with the age range of five to 70 years old; 52 of them are Filipinos and two are foreigners.

Secretary Duque said health authorities are conducting disease surveillance in Jaen, Nueva Ecija and are monitoring some 194 suspected cases in the barangays of Hilera, Pakul and Lambakin after a community-level outbreak has been declared in the province.

He said 20 students of the Hilera Elementary School in Jaen town so far have been found positive with the novel virus as they believe that the cases are now decreasing.

Duque advised residents of the province to always observe social distancing. He added DOH personnel are also conducting information dissemination there to educate townsfolk of the nature of the influenza A(H1N1) virus.

In the adjacent Bulacan province, Secretary Duque said they are observing 49 suspected cases of A(H1N1) in the towns of Bambang, Sta. Ana and Matungas.

To date, there are still eight confirmed cases at the Candelaria National High School in the province as health authorities are conducting epidemiologic investigation there to identify the source of the disease.

Duque advised parents in the area not to panic as the DOH have proper control on the incident. He said health officials are also monitoring the suspected cases and those that were affected by the virus were given anti-viral medicine.

Meanwhile, Secretary Duque said while the number of confirmed cases of the novel virus continue to rise, the good news is that A(H1N1) patients discharged from hospital quarantine after they have fully recovered from the disease are increasing.

The DOH chief said that to date, the country has 85 fully recovered cases as they were already sent to their respective homes.

He said from the total of 71 as of June 15, 14 recovered cases were added Tuesday.

The World Health Organization said there are 35,928 confirmed A(H1N1) cases in a total of 76 countries at present. Of the number, 163 deaths have been recorded. (PIA) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Only 4 guerilla fronts remain in East Visayas, 8th ID chief says
»DOH reiterates: Dengue is more deadly than AH1N1
»Cabinet Secretaries grace LMP Caravan 2009 in Tacloban
»RP to sign two ODA loans with JICA worth USD456 during PGMA's Japan visit
»Teves says RP may tap Samurai funds
»Duque reports 64 new cases as 8 more fully-recovered patients are sent home on Wednesday
»NPA strength down to lowest level since '80s
»NPA leader in Abra surrenders
»GSIS directed to resolve system-wide computer problems
»PGMA meets with Japanese prime minister, gets audience with Empress
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines