Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Thursday, 20 February 2020 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << September 2006 >> 
S M T W T F S
01 02
3 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/09/02

NVizcaya health officials start dengue campaign

BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (2 September) -- With the onset of the rainy season, health officials here have intensified their information campaign against the resurgence of the dengue disease.

Dr. Ferdinand Tolentino, provincial health officer has urged Novo Vizcayanos to keep their surroundings free from stagnant water inside cans bottles, tires and other containers since killer mosquitoes thrive inside them.

"We have to closely monitor areas specially those with reported dengue cases because the disease is fatal. Infants and young children are the most vulnerable to dengue, so we advised people to report to the nearest center any suspected case of diseases in their neighborhood," Tolentino said.

Records from the provincial health office showed that there were 117 dengue cases from January 2005 to June this year. Out of the 117 cases, 45 of them were reported to be afflicted with dengue hemorrhagic fever from the different municipalities of the province.

Two cases of dengue deaths were reported in barangay Bone North in Aritao town and barangay Indiana in Bambang town.

Of the 15 municipalities of the Nueva Vizcaya, only the towns of Diadi, Quezon, and Ambaguio had no incidence of dengue. (PIA-NVizcaya)

NVizcaya NIA completes irrigation projects BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (02 September) - Five irrigation projects under the National Irrigation Administration's Balikatan Sagip Patubig Program have been completed in the province to help farmers.

The irrigation projects are the Community Irrigation Systems(CIS) in the towns of Aritao, Bambang, Quezon, Villaverde and Solano.

Engr. Francisco Domingsil, OIC provincial irrigation officer said the irrigation projects were already turned-over to farmer-beneficiaries and irrigators' associations, thereby improving their farm maintenance and operations.

BSPP projects were realized through cost-sharing scheme wherein 80 percent of the total project cost was shouldered by NIA while the remaining 20 percent was shared by the recipient local government unit and irrigators' associations either in cash, labor, materials or equipment rental. (PIA-NVizcaya) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»NVizcaya gov't pushes organization of tribes into cooperative
»NVizcaya health officials start dengue campaign
»Santiago city forms SWAT team to combat crime
»Feature: Tatang's suka, pamana from a Vizcayano
»Good news for SSS delinquent borrowers
»PGMA wages war vs red tape
»Mobile lab in Mindanao to operate soon
»BJMP puts up "Ray of Hope Village"
»Church leads move to stop logging
»Davao water district to upgrade capacity
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines