Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Sunday, 7 June 2020 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << June 2020 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2006/09/05

Pres. Arroyo to open Davao DATE 2006


Pres. Arroyo
Davao City (5 September) -- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo is expected to open the Davao Trade Exhibit (DATE) 2006 and to lead the launching of the National Economic Research and Business Assistance Center (NERBAC) at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas in Davao City on September 15, 2006.

Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII) president Atty. Bienvenido Cariaga announced during the Kapehan sa Dabaw at SM City said that the President will be the keynote speaker and will delve on the growth of small and medium entrepreneurs in the global areas.

Cariaga said other personalities that were invited were Budget and Management secretary Rolando G. Andaya, Jr., Trade and Industry secretary Peter Favila, Agriculture secretary Domingo Panganiban, Mayor Rodrigo R. Duterte and other local officials will be among those who will join the President's party during the opening of the trade exhibit.

Meanwhile, Cariaga said they are expecting about 5,000 participants coming from all parts of Mindanao and from the Visayas and Manila to attend the affair.

There will be foreign participants who will join the round table discussion on global opportunities and among those who confirmed are from the embassies of Britain, US, Sweden and Indonesia.

He said they are still awaiting confirmation from the embassies of Malaysia, Japan, India, Australia, Canada and Taiwan.

Of the 140 target exhibitors, 90 percent of those invited already confirmed and have signed contracts and the remaining 10 percent are with reservations.

Figures released by DCCCII showed that DATE in 2005 had an income through sales generated from business of P82 million or 32 percent higher in 2004 with only P55.5 million which was much higher with 55percent over the 2003 sales of only P36 million.

Cariaga said they projected an increase in sales this year by 20 percent as against that of 2005.

Sponsors of DATE 2006 are the Department of Agriculture (cooperator), Department of Trade and Industry (cooperator), Business World (cooperator), Davao Light and Power Company, Foxchit Systems, ABS CBN, Globe Telecom, Inc., Prime Advertising and Signs, SAGREX Corporation, King Cooperative and Davao City Water District with the Department of Science and Technology as partner.

Aside from the exhibit, the other activities are business matching, product and service presentation, jobs fair and reverse trade fair. (PIA XI/pdbanzon) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»FPOP to reach out to 25 women per barangay at risk of cervical cancer
»CB sees peso sustaining its strength
»Economy grows 5.5%
»Pres. Arroyo to open Davao DATE 2006
»Gov't to present two major projects to investors
»PNP-Cateel goes after logging mastermind
»Feature: E-learning in the "barrio schools"
»Komentaryo: Supplemental budget, inaprobahan
»Quirino province to celebrate 35th founding anniversary
»Tagalog News: North Luzon projects ng Pangulong GMA, lalakad na
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines