PIA Press Release
DOLE observes 105th Labor Day celebration
By Rose B. Palacio
Davao City (25 April) -- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) XI Director Ponciano Lugutom said the government will celebrate the 105th Labor Day starting April 17 to May 31, 2007 with a pre-Labor Day press conference at Kapihan sa Philippine Information Agency (PIA) on April 27 at 10:00am at the PIA audio visual room.
Director Ligutom said the 2007 Labor Day and Monthlong schedule of activities are focused on Jobs Fair; launching of the "Pangutuna mo, I-txt mo" project; and launching of Outstanding employer/employee.
DOLE acting assistant regional director Ofelia Domingo also announced the schedule of activities as follows:
- Jobs Fair to be held April 28-May 1 at Gaisano mall;
- May 1 - Holy mass from 6-7am at San Pedro Cathedral; parade from San Pedro cathedral to CYO gym, Holy Cross college compound followed by a program proper and launching of Outstanding Employer/employee;
- May 5 to 12 - RTIPC sports festival (bowling tournament)
- May 9 - RCC meeting in the morning and DOLE-RCC and Labor groups dialogue in the afternoon;
- May 17 - Preliminary discussion on the establishment of industrial tripartite council in the plantations (banana, pineapple and sugar);
- May 23 - DOLE-RCC and management group dialogue;
- May 25 - Family Welfare program organizational general assembly;
- May 30 - Consultation and Network meeting with OSH practitioners; and
- May 1-31 - conduct of labor, human relations and productivity modules to 31 companies. (DOLE-PIA XI)