Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Thursday, 19 May 2022 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << December 2007 >> 
S M T W T F S
01
02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2007/12/18

Zamboanga approves initial P1.4-M cash aid for calamity victims

Zamboanga City (December 18) -- The city government has released some P1.4 million as financial assistance to families affected by the storm surge as of Sunday, December 16.

Mayor Celso Lobregat has approved the distribution of the amount to the families affected by the calamity in Recodo, Campo Islam and Maasin involving a total of 338 families.

City Social Welfare and Development Officer Francisco Barredo said the schools, used as evacuation centers in the three coastal barangays have been cleared as of Sunday after the distribution of the cash assistance including food packs.

After receiving the financial assistance and relief goods, the families signed a waiver promising not to reconstruct houses along the shorelines and not to seek further assistance from the city government.

Of the total families given financial assistance, 59 were from Recodo, 98 from Campo Islam and 181 from Maasin.

The total cash assistance for the three barangays amounted to P1, 474, 000.

Barredo said distribution of the financial aid, which is the last assistance given by the city government, will continue in the next few days and is expected to be completed before Christmas.

Families whose houses were totally destroyed get P5, 000 each; families with partially damaged houses get P3, 000 each while renters and sharers get P1, 500 each.

The amount of cash assistance and the list of calamity victims to be assisted were approved by the City Disaster Coordinating Council (CDCC) during a meeting held last week.

Distribution of cash assistance to the affected families in Patalon, Talon-talon and Balilwasan was also held yesterday. The total amount distributed was still being validated as of press time.

Patalon has 89 families affected; Baliwasan has 50 families and Talon-talon has 15 families.

Fifteen coastal barangays, all located in the west coast, were hit by the storm surge last November 27 prompting the city government to declare a state of calamity in these areas.

Mayor Lobregat has directed the release of the cash assistance and relief items the soonest possible time. (CIO/PIA9-ZC) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»December holidays listed
»PGMA remains focused on Super Regions development Bunye
»Feature: Electronic transaction to reduce corruption
»Mindanao eyed as potential source of football players for RP team
»Zamboanga approves initial P1.4-M cash aid for calamity victims
»PGMA's "Pamaskong Handog" set in ARMM
»Waray-Waray News: "Pagpasuso" nga programa ginkusgan pa
»Tagalog News: PGMA pinuri ang mga medical directors at hospital heads
»Tagalog News: Pamumuhunan ng Espanya sa biofuel facilities ikinagalak ng Pangulo
»Tagalog News: "Pamasko ni Gloria Matulungan Ako" sinimulan na
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines