Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Thursday, 6 October 2022 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << October 2022 >> 
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2008/07/04

Comval gov puts up P200T reward for arrest of Nabunturan bombing suspects

Davao City (4 July) -- Compostela Valley Provincial Governor Arturo T. Uy is putting up P200,000 cash reward to anyone who can identify and tip off authorities regarding the location of bombing perpetrators in Nabunturan.

Uy said the reward can get even higher as parties have signified interests to put in additional money for the cash reward to anybody who could provide leads to arrest the suspects.

Meanwhile, Uy is set on apprehending the suspects "at all cost." "We have to do everything we can to arrest them," he said in a phone interview.

Saying authorities are taking hold of leads, Uy has directed police authorities to conduct hot pursuit against the perpetrators.

"Hindi pwede yong, alleged lang. We really have to go after the perpetrators," he said.

In a separate interview, Compostela Valley police director PS Superintendent Ronald M. Dela Rosa said the suspects could possibly be members of the New People's Army Sparrow Unit.

Suspects were of the same cartographic sketch with those who gunned down two military personnel at the Nabunturan Public Market few days ago, Dela Rosa said.

Dela Rosa said police on patrol when the incident happened was able to pursue the perpetrators and exchange fire with them.

"Namukhaan talaga ang mga suspects," he said.

The suspects riding on a single motorcycle threw a grenade at the Park 'n Go bakery located at Poblacion Nabunturan crossing going to Compostela Valley Provincial Capitol.

The incident which took place at 12:45 midnight of July 2, killed two who died on the spot and injured 12 others, Nabunturan police investigator SPO Gerry Arsenio said.

Of the injured who were taken to the Davao Regional Hospital in Tagum City, one died while others who were slightly injured were released yesterday, Arsenio said but he had yet to count how many had been released as of presstime.

Police identified casualties as Grace Agura, Reniel Campitan, and Rodel Lambongon.

Injured were Jay-Ar Valle, Noel Siva, Jelmar Jhon Savala, Jacqueline Diez, Chan Labonite, Tonette Ulyameha, Reynaldo Saplan, Charlito Piquisa, Juane Eliasano, Alya "En-en", and Jade Postero. (PIA/JMDA) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»July is Nutrition Month
»Gov't lifts tariff on imported oil
»Davao Oriental all set for economic take-off
»Rebels attack Davao Oriental town
»Mango growers urge government to conduct extensive research on mango growing in Mindanao
»Sec. Esperon expects support of donor countries after peace agreement is signed
»Comval gov puts up P200T reward for arrest of Nabunturan bombing suspects
»Negros Oriental marks Nutrition Month
»Consumernet eyes expanded services for consumer welfare
»PRC announces licensure exams for July
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines