CSC Region XI accepts applications for government scholarship
Davao City (3 February) -- The Civil Service Commission Region XI is now accepting applications for the Local Scholarship Program - Master's Degree Course (LSP-MDC) Written Test until February 10, 2010.
This is good news for government employees who want to pursue a master's degree course. Government employees will be granted a one-year master's degree scholarship for free after passing the written test and interview. The LSP-MDC Written Test will be conducted nationwide on March 28, 2010 which is intended for the school year 2011-2012.
To qualify for the scholarship program, one must hold a bachelor's degree and a permanent appointment for the last three years, a performance rating of at least "Very Satisfactory" for the last two consecutive rating periods, has not earned any master's degree, has not been convicted of any administrative/criminal offense for the last three years, in good health and physically and mentally fit to perform graduate studies.
The scholarship is also open to government employees who have previously earned master's degree units, who are on thesis writing, who have availed of a short-term course, and even those who have pending administrative cases, without prejudice to automatic revocation of the scholarship should they later be found guilty of an administrative offense. Employees who hold co-terminus appointment, so long as they can fulfill the service obligation and are not related to the agency head within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity may also apply.
Interested applicants must complete the following requirements and submit them to the CSC Regional Office XI or any of its field offices:
1) Properly accomplished application form (CS Form No. 101-B, Revised March 2006)
2) Four (4) pieces of recent (taken within the past three months) and identical 1.5" x 2" I.D. pictures with full name tag;
3) Original and photocopy of any valid I.D. card;
4) Photocopy of performance rating for the last two consecutive rating periods prior to the application;
5) Photocopy of College diploma, or certificate of graduation;
6) Service record for the last three years; and
7) Medical Certificate on the state of health and physical and mental fitness of the applicant.
No examination fee will be charged.
All applicants must have the nomination of their respective agency heads. (CSC) [top]