Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Monday, 18 November 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << November 2019 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2010/02/06

PESO Benguet now accepts SPES applicants

by Andrew Doga-ong

La Trinidad, Benguet (6 February) -- The provincial government here is now accepting applications for the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) to work this summer vacation in various offices of the province.

Provincial Employment Service Officer designate Florita Bay-on said interested students may file their applications at the PESO office from February 1 to 12.

Qualified to the SPES or Summer Job program are students ages 15 -25, at least high school graduates or those graduating this March or April and dropouts who intend to continue their education.

According to Bay-on, Governor Nestor Fongwan wants students affected during the previous typhoons be given priority in the student employment program.

Bay-on said the provincial government allocated P1Million which represents its 60 percent counterpart while the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will provide 40 percent of the provincial counterpart for the salaries of the summer job students.

Under Republic Act 7323 or the SPES program, 60 percent of the students' salaries will be paid by the employer while DOLE will shoulder the remaining 40 percent.

The SPES program aims to help students earn during vacation for them to pursue their studies as well as develop work ethics and explore opportunities for their future career.

Bay-on said the PESO office has scheduled orientation to college student applicants on February 19 and high school student applicants on February 20. Summer jobs will start this April and ends June 7. (PIA) [top]

|«  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»PESO Benguet now accepts SPES applicants
»Benguet SP supports law classifying unjust increase of oil prices into heinous crime
»Bakun IPs seek to protect their lands from mining exploration
»NFA assures enough rice supply
»New nurses to take oath March 12 at CAP-Camp John Hay
»WWII veterans have until Feb 16 to file for one-time benefit claims
»Comelec conducts public demo on PCOS machines in Ifugao
»Ifugao prepares for El Nino
»No gunban violator in Ifugao
»Ifugao police proactive policing approach ordinance passed
|«  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines