Gov't reiterates P5-M reward for Bravo's capture
by Rutchie Cabahug-Aguhob
Cagayan de Oro City (29 August) -- The government has reiterated its offer of a P5 million reward for information on the whereabouts of Commander Bravo of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
Bravo, notorious leader of the MILF lawless elements, had committed terroristic acts and heinous crimes when he and his followers burned houses and killed innocent civilians in Kolambugan and Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte last Aug. 18.
The group was also responsible for destroying an undetermined number of livestock, crops, livelihood facilities/equipment and in ransacking stores, shops, warehouses and other establishments in the said areas.
Since then, troops of the Western Command, Armed Forces of the Philippines had stepped-up operations against them.
"In fact, there had been no let-up in the follow-up offensive military operations against this lawless group," Maj. Benedicto Manquiquis, Commanding Officer of the 1st CMOU, CMOG, PA said during a press briefing at the PIA Office, Iligan City.
Hence, we are calling on all civilians who have knowledge on Bravo's whereabouts to come forward in order to neutralize his group and claim the reward, he said.
A recent bomb run in Bravo and his group's pin-pointed position conducted by the Philippine Air Force through their OV-10 firefighting planes has resulted in persistent reports that Bravo himself was wounded and that he was evacuated to Marawi City for treatment.
There are even reports that Bravo's son who just graduated from the Mindanao State University (MSU), recently, his perceived successor, died as a result of this offensive. However, this has yet to be verified, Manquiquis said.
He also said an almost 3-hour encounter on Aug. 25 between operating troops of the 33rd Infantry Battalion, PA with about 50 MILF members in Barangay Lunsod, Poona Piagapo, Lanao del Norte resulted in five (5) enemies killed and 10 wounded while five (5) of the government troops were also wounded in action (WIA). (PIA 10) [top]