Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Saturday, 26 November 2022 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << November 2022 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2008/07/10

Capiz to give P10-T to 'Frank' casualties

by A. Lumaque

Roxas City (10 July) -- The Capiz provincial government will give P10,000.00 assistance to each typhoon "Frank"-related casualty in the province.

The Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council (PDCC) has officially registered 22 death toll from the onslaught of the typhoon last month. It has also reported missing persons believed dead as of July 7.

"The financial assistance will be released upon presentation of proper documents like death certificate," said Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer (PSWDO) Violeta Silva.

Capiz Gov. Victor Tanco, Sr. has also put the provision of assistance for the rehabilitation of damaged houses provincewide as the top priority of the provincial government which marked its first year anniversary of "Labi sa Tanan ang Tawo" battlecry last July 1.

The national government's help to the province has also been directed by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to the National Coordinating Council (NDCC) to help Capiceņos recover from the June 21 devastation during the joint Cabinet and NDCC meeting in Iloilo City last July 1.

Meanwhile, Malacaņang has assured full transparency in the expenditure of relief funds for the relief and rehabilitation efforts in the aftermath of the typhoon.

Deputy Presidential Spokesman Anthony Golez said the National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) is prepared to account for the funds being utilized in the disaster relief operations.

Golez said the government has utilized P25 million in relief operations alone since the powerful typhoon hit the country two weeks ago. The government allots P2 billion in calamity funds every year, he noted. (PIA) [top]

  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Capiz to give P10-T to 'Frank' casualties
»Another salary increase for state workers in 2009
»Nat'l awareness campaign on realities of int'l migration, intermarriages set in MisOr, Bukidnon
»Oro LSB okays teachers' 10% pay hike
»Recruitment fair set at Mallberry Hotel on July 14-16
»Oro invites OFWs to join OPM 2008 launching on July 16-20 at SM
»Butuan City cops act vs illegal gambling
»Butuan City police probes hit-and-run vehicle
»La Carlota City holds first job fair
»Talisay City holds medical mission
  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines