Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Thursday, 30 June 2022 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
 << June 2022 >> 
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Special News Editions:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Ilocano.Waray.Hiligaynon
Pangasinan.Other
PIA Specials:
NEW! Cabinet Officials
Jobs.Slides.Specials.Ads. Events.ASEAN.Multimedia
Visitors since 15 Feb 2011:
PIA News Archive:
English.Tagalog.Cebuano
Waray.Hiligaynon.Ilocano
Pangasinan.All
PIA Archive News Reader

PIA Press Release
2007/12/04

Zambo mayor orders precise assessment of calamity

Zamboanga City (December 4) -- Mayor Celso Lobregat recently tasked the City Social Welfare and Development Office and other concerned agencies to accurately evaluate the damage wrought by the storm surge that hit coastal and some island barangays Tuesday last week.

At the same time, Lobregat reiterated his appeal for donations from private groups and concerned individuals for the over 3,000 families affected by the calamity.

He said relief assistance to calamity victims will continue for as long as city government resources would permit. Several good Samaritans have responded to the earlier call for support issued by the mayor.

According to Lobregat, personnel from the City Social Welfare Office under Francisco Barredo including the City Engineer's Office, City Agriculturist Office and Land Housing and Management Division under the mayor's office are continuously assessing and evaluating the effects of the storm surge.

Based on Barredo's records, 3,373 families from 15 coastal barangays have been displaced as of December 2. Of the total number, 651 families are still housed in evacuation centers as of Sunday.

Records also show that a total of 1,423 houses were totally damaged while 1,353 were partially ruined.

Mayor Lobregat said the city government is doing everything possible to provide relief assistance to all the victims. Financial assistance will come after Barredo's office shall have made the final assessment.

The initial calamity funds released were used for the purchase of relief goods such as rice, noodles, sardines and other foodstuffs.

The affected barangays are Ayala, Baliwasan, Campo Islam, Cawit, Labuan, Limpapa, Maasin, Mampang, Mariki, Patalon, Recodo, Rio Hondo, Sinunuc, Talon-talon and Upper Calarian. (CIO/PIA 9-zc) [top]

  prev  next  »|
DAILY NEWS LIST:
»Zambo mayor orders precise assessment of calamity
»Mindanaoans' advocacy for peace continues
»MOCAN initiates AIDS campaign
»Mayors, execs meet on Business Forum Development
»1st LCP Caravan launches at Cagayan de Oro City
»LCP launches job fair, eye camp
»Oro earns P949M in 10 months
»Oro RTA to hold "Code of Conduct and Ethical Standard" seminar
  prev  next  »|

Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines