PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
1. Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) and photocopy of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO and document indicating fullname, date and place of birth and citizenship (e.g. valid employment's ID, voter's affidavit, NBI clearance and driver's license).
IN CASE OF NO BIRTH RECORD:
- If born after 1950:
- In case of birth certificates with delayed registration, submit authenticated BC and supporting documents indicating date, place of birth and citizenship.
- If born on or before 1950:
- Certificate of Non-availability of Birth Record from the NSO.
- Joint Birth Affidavit signed and executed by two (2) disinterested persons.
- Baptismal Certificate or Certified True Copy of Voter's Affidavit from COMELEC or any public document indicating date and place of birth and citizenship.
2. Three (3) copies 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm new photo (colored with plain white background). Photo should show applicant in decent attire with collar.
3. Personal appearance except when the applicant is:
- 8 years old and below;
- 65 years old and above; or
- mentally or physically incapacitated
4. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- For married women who chose to adopt surname of husband
- Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or CTC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by the NSO.
- For married women opting to use maiden name, submit MC & affidavit indicating that she has not use her Married name.
- For women who obtained an annulment or were divorced by foreign husband
- Authenticated copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment granting divorce or annulment.
- Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment granting divorce or annulment, authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate when the divorce was obtained.
- Annotated Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA)
- For fiancees and spouses of foreign nationals
- Original and photocopy of Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance.
- For minors (below 18 years old)
- Personal appearance of either parent.
- if minor is not travelling with either parent, submit an original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance and Affidavit of Support and Consent indicating the name of the travelling companion and relationship to the minor.
- If both parents are abroad, such an affidavit must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
- If both parents are abroad, person applying in behalf of the minor must submit Special Power of Attorney authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
- Passport and photocopy of the passport of person travelling with the minor.
- For adopted children
- Authenticated copy and photocopy of the dispositive portion of the Court Order on adoption.
- Authenticated copy of original and amended Birth Certificate.
- DSWD Travel Clearance
- For illegitimate children born after August 13, 1988:
- Personal appearance and written consent of mother
- DSWD Clearance if minor is travelling with Father/other persons.
- For Legitimated Children due to subsequent marriage of parents
- Authenticate BC with annotation of the amended surname of the child and MC of parents.
- For Muslim applicants
- For those whose births were registered, follow requirements for new applicants.
- For those whose births were not registered.
- Certified True Copy of Late Registered Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office.
- Original and photocopy of Voter's Affidavit or NBI Clearance or other supporting documents indicating date and place of birth and citizenship.
- Certificate from the Office on Muslim Affairs for Muslim convert
- Fro Muslim converts, submit annotated BC in Security Paper (SECPA)
- Court Order to change name.
- Shari'ah Court Order.
- Additional supporting documents may be required when necessary.