|At the Service of Filipinos|
|Central Officers||Regional Officers||PIA Programs||PIA Mandate|
Communication is vital to building a Strong RepublicThus, the Philippine government operates a nationwide institution established to respond to the information needs of the citizenry.
This institution is the PHILIPPINE INFORMATION AGENCY,created in 1986 by virtue of Executive Order 100 signed by former President Corazon C. Aquino.
VISIONA well-informed citizenry able to understand, discuss, and vote on vital issues propelling the nation toward lasting peace and development.
MISSIONTo provide people with adequate information to help them to make better decisions and identify opportunities that could improve their quality of life.
- Maintains information centers in the regions and in the provinces
- Plans and carries out national information programs
- Assists other government agencies in carrying out their communication and information projects
- Determines information needs of the people
- Professionalizes government information officers, communicators, and other media personnel through training and skill enhancement programs
- Supports the development of indigenous media and of communication capability and technology
|PIA Charter||Organization||PIA Network||Projects|
|The Philippine Information Agency was created by virtue of Executive Order No. 100 issued December 24, 1986 in accordance with revolutionary legislative powers of then President Corazon A. Aquino under the 1986 Freedom Constitution.|
|GOOD NEWS Series|