PCSO announces winners of "Isang Pitik sa Charity" national photo contest
Quezon City (26 November) -- The board of judges of the "Isang Pitik sa Charity" national photo competition sponsored by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) has announced the top three winners of the amateur and professional categories.
Romeo Gacad, chairman of the board of judges, bared the following winners for the Amateur Category: First place, entry A-62A entitled "Nasaan si Inay?" by Sonny N. Cabales of Blk 15, Lot 4, St. Peter Street, Villa Nova Subd., Novaliches, Quezon City; Second place, entry A-96D entitled "Life of Love at Home" by Alnoe Tabanera Paler (Profound Deaf) of 38-15 N. Escario St., Kamputhaw, Cebu City 6000; and third place, entry A-16D entitled "My Brother's Keeper" by Ronnie T. Tres Reyes of 208 Lot F, Central bank Comp., Banlat Road, Tandang Sora, Quezon City.
Announced as winners for the Professional Category are the following: First place, entry P-2C entitled "Soldiers of Mercy" by Erasmo "Sonny" Espiritu, of Lot 1, Blk 6, Kalinisan cor K-3 Sts, Karangalan Village, Cainta, Rizal; Second place, entry P-54A entitled "Family of Scavengers (Siesta)" by Revoli S Cortez, of Unit F, Regalview Bldg., Regalado St, Fairview, Q.C.; and third place, entry P-37M entitled "Bayanihan Spirit" by Raniel Jose M Castaneda, of 2050-B Amparo St., Sta. Ana, Manila.
Other members of the Board of Judges include Jose Teves, Luisa Mercedes Lorenzo, Fr. Anton Pascual, Dr. Violet Valdez, and Francis Magalona.
Gacad also announced 12 consolation prizes for the amateur category, namely:
- P-1B "Pasan" by Timothy Patrick Ignacio of 4884 Bagumbayan, Sta. Cruz, Laguna;
- P-9A "Pila Tawid Gutom" by Danilo O. Victoriano, Jr. of 28 Alfred St., Kingsville Subdivision, Marcos Hi-Way, Brgy. Mayamot, Antipolo City;
- P-28A "Don't Lost Hope" by Dewey Sergio of B5, L17 Villa Olympia IV, San Vicente, San Pedro, Laguna;
- P-17F "My Greatest Gift" by Reynaldo Mondez, of 6-041, BLC, Taguig City;
- P-23F "Lingap" by Joan Bondoc, c/o Phil. Daily Inquirer, PDI Bldg., Chino Roces St., Makati City;
- P-14A "Magkasalo" by Irma Santos of 28 General Julian St., Tanong, Marikina City;
- P-42A "A Little Help from Little Hands" by Norman Gorecho, of #61 Aurora Drive, Vergonville Subdivision, Pulang-lupa, Las Piņas City; and
- P-17A "You Can Do It" by Reynaldo Mondez, of 6-041, BLC, Taguig City;
- P-54D "Clean Up After Floods" by Revoli S. Cortez of Unit F-Regalview Bldg., Regalado St., Fairview, Q.C.;
- P-39A "Kalinga" by Red P. Santos, of 3365 Bataan St., Old Sta. Mesa, Manila;
- P-58A "Alam Kong Nariyan Ka Lang" by Ramoncito Ching, of 10 F Herrera St. Project 8, Quezon City; and
- P-19A "Buhat" by Guerrero "A.G." Madla Sano, of 116-Maginhawa Street, Teacher's Village, Quezon City 1101.
Also announced were consolation prize winners for the professional category:
- A-11C "Boy Scout" by Antonio Z. Rojas, Jr, of Orchidsville Subd., Brgy. Sta. Filomena, Arevalo, Iloilo City;
- A-63C "Mahal Naming Lola" by Brigido "Ding" Alcayde, of Blk. 6, Lot 19, Casa Monteverde, GMA, Cavite;
- A-98C "Lugaw" by Joseph Lawrence P. Garcia, of City Information Office, Room 28, City Hall Building, Davao City;
- A-21A "Munting Alay" by Joselito Deladia, of 128 Paso St., Gutierrez Comp., Bagong Bayan Taguig City;
- A-85B "Easy Now" by Ernesto A. Lagrimas, of B2, L5, AFP Housing Bulihan, Silang, Cavite;
- A-39K "Dugo Para sa Aking Kapwa" by Ronel Peren Pangan, of 169 Dangay St., Veterans Village, Proj. 7, Quezon City;
- A-2C "Diwa ng Kawanggawa" by Jophel Botero Ybiosa, of 32 Purok 4B Luzon Avenue, Culiat, Quezon City;
- A-5B "Innocent Rescue" by Luis T Asuncion, of 2034-46 M Adriatico St., Malate, Manila;
- A-45A "Best Friend" by Marirose Angeline G. Lim, by 414 Coral St., Tondo, Manila;
- A-87B "Restoring Hope...Rebuilding Lives with Great Love 2" by Marie Joyce Go-Lim, of Tzu Chi Foundation, Zamboanga Liaison Office, Unit 4, Dian Hap Bldg., F. Nuņez St., Zamboanga City;
- A-51E "Kapit Ka Kay Kuya, Bunso" by Christopher S. Linag, of Unit 5, St. James Executive Villas, Kalayaan Ave., Marikina Heights, Marikina City;
- A-18B "Soft Touch" by Federico Modina, of Blk 7, Lot 10, Monteverde Royale, Taytay, Rizal.