Presidential Communications Operations Office



  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Sunday, 15 December 2019 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
 
home
 
about
 
fotos
 
info
 
links
 
ncrr01carr02r03calmimr05r06r07r08r09r10r11r12r13
Region R03 Submenu
Latest News
News Headlines
Foto Releases
One Luzon
Special Issues
Central Luzon Region

PIA Press Release
Saturday, January 21, 2012

Balanga mayor encourages more stakeholders from the private sectors to invest

BALANGA CITY, Bataan, Jan. 21 (PIA) -- "A thriving local economy through investments will be the key to our success,” said Mayor Jose Enrique Garcia III during his recent State of the City Address (SOCA), as he invited businessmen to invest in the city.

One of the ways to achieve this desire is by updating the Comprehensive Land and Water Use Plan (CLWUP) to suit the needs of our environment, which we are currently undertaking now, said Garcia.

“Through the revision of this plan by the Planning and Development Office, investors will now be given a list of businesses that they could profit in the city,” he said.

The land area of the city reached almost 11,000 hectares, 54 percent of this is fully developed and productive, while the remaining 46 percent is seeing the potential that entrepreneurs would come pouring in to invest.

“And to further develop this city and encourage more businessmen, the City government has passed the idle land tax ordinance that aims to encourage property owners to invest or partner with us to increase the production of agriculture, industrial, mixed used commercial or residential, etc,” Garcia explained.

In a related development, the city received two national awards that include the Seal of Good Housekeeping, an award given by the Department of Interior of Local Government (DILG); and Hall of Fame awardee of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) as Most Business Friendly Local Government Unit (LGU) for the third time.

Garcia said that “these awards shows dedication, hardwork, and good camaraderie of the LGU to entrepreneurs that we assist and provide us with their products and services, as well as giving job opportunities to Balangueños. (WLB/JGB- PIA 3)

 
Latest Stories
  • Tagalog News: Libreng operasyon sa mata, ipagkakaloob sa mga may katarata, pugita (R03)
  • DOH gives free cataract operation to Bulakeños (R03)
  • Tagalog News: ‘A Day of Prayer,’ isinagawa sa Bulacan (R03)
  • ‘A Day of Prayer’ for Bulacan’s future (R03)
  • Tagalog News: CSC 3 patuloy na tumatanggap ng mga nominasyon para sa 2012 Search for Outstanding Public Officials and Employees (R03)
  • CSC 3 continues to accept nominations for the 2012 Search for Outstanding Public Officials and Employees (R03)
  • San Fernando to celebrate 11th Cityhood anniversary (R03)
  • Information saves lives (R03)
  • Tagalog News: Kabataang lumabag sa curfew, dadalhin sa Kanlungan Center (R03)
  • Youth curfew violators to stay overnight in Kanlungan Center (R03)
  • PNoy proclaims Feb. 3 a holiday in Bulacan (R03)
  • Tagalog News: Peb. 3, idineklara ni PNoy bilang isang non-working day sa Bulacan (R03)
  • Tagalog News: 7th ID Commander, may bagong misyon sa Western Visayas (R03)
  • 7th ID Commander gets new assignment in Western Visayas (R03)
  • Tagalog News: CSC 3 tumatanggap na ng mga aplikasyon para sa unang Career Service Paper and Pencil tests ngayong taon (R03)

    Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
    For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
    Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
    PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines