Presidential Communications Operations Office

  PIA Bldg, Visayas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
  Tuesday, 7 July 2020 News Before 1 Feb 2012. Click for Latest
Web PIA  
Region CAR Submenu
Latest News
News Headlines
Foto Releases
One Luzon

Best Logo. Aeronne Paul Coronel of Benguet State University, with his winning design for the 'Save Balili River, Count Me In! Logo design contest of the Balili River System Revitalization Coalition (BRSRC) during the awarding program cum Kapihan media forum at the Benguet State University, Thursday. The handing of cash prize and certificate of recognition were La Trinidad Mayor Greg Abalos and Raffy Tallocoy of the Baguio CityMayor's Office. (Photo By Lito Dar/PIA-CAR)
Cordillera Administrative Region

PIA Press Release
Friday, January 20, 2012

DSWD releases livelihood aid to 70 beneficiaries in Tinglayan

TINGLAYAN, Kalinga, Jan. 20 (PIA) -- The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has released P550,500 as livelihood asistance to 70 beneficiaries of the Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP) in this town.

Nixon Mendoza of DSWD provincial field office said the money is loaned to beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) who were trained by DSWD to become recipients of the SLP. He explained the DSWD program that provides livelihood assistance was the Self-employment Assistance para sa Kaunlaran or (SEA-K) but under the convergence strategy of the Aquino Administration, all programs to address poverty were merged.

Under the convergence strategy, 4P beneficiaries who are identified as indigent families, are also recipients under the SLP.

Mendoza explained that the identification of the 70 SLP recipients in Tinglayan was based on the household profiling survey earlier conducted by DSWD in the area. Through the survey, families wanting of financial assistance to improve their livelihood including available skills they have, were determined.

He said the 70 are the compose just 10 percent of the total identified 4P beneficiaries in the municipality. Another program is coming for the remaining 90%, this 2012, he said.

The 70 are members of five grass-root organizations with their respective loan amounts, namely Istay Manna SEA-K Association – P203,000; Blessing SEA-K – P116,000; Finurawan SKA – P110,000; Progress SEA-K – P80,000 and Fumatnangan SEA-K – P41,500.

Individual borrower gets a maximum loan amount of P10,000 payable in two years with zero interest. Recipients use the non-collateralized loan as seed capital for livelihood projects indicated in the project proposals they submitted.(JDP/LL-PIA CAR,Kalinga)

Latest Stories
  • LGU issues guidelines on use of municipal filling station (CAR)
  • Kalinga nutrition congress moves to reduce malnutrition (CAR)
  • NCIP joins 4Ps planning workshop in Baguio city (CAR)
  • Kalinga holds 1st Health Forum (CAR)
  • Kaelco proposes 24-hout power service (CAR)
  • 30 micro-firm owners take management & shop floor seminar (CAR)
  • Competitive exams for fisheries scholarship program on March 17 (CAR)
  • DepEd USec inspects school projects in Ifugao (CAR)
  • Tanudan migrant workers group to hold medical mission in home town (CAR)
  • Ifugao town organizes committee on anti-trafficking, VAWC (CAR)
  • NCCA sustains SLTs in preserving Benguet's cultural heritage (CAR)
  • DPWH assures better road in time for Panagbenga (CAR)
  • Baguio city mayor reiterates call for waste segregation, commits to obey SC order on use of Irisan dumpsite (CAR)
  • “Lames Festival” brought more fun, as La Paz celebrates town fiesta (CAR)
  • CSC- Abra encourages more nominations for awards program (CAR)

    Philippine Official Gazette | Office of the President | Presidential Communications Operations Office
    For comments and feedback, please email PIA Newsdesk
    Copyright © 2005 Philippine Information Agency
    PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines