PIA Press Release
Thursday, January 19, 2012
UPOU now accepting applicants for Language and Literacy EducationQUEZON CITY, Jan 19 (PIA) – The University of the Philippines - Open University (UPOU) is now accepting applications for admission to the revised diploma and master's programs in Language and Literacy Education until the end of February 2012.
The revised Diploma in Language and Literacy Education (DLLE) and Master of Arts in Language and Literacy Education (MA LLE) were designed for literacy teachers, trainers, administrators, curriculum developers, textbook writers, learning recourse designers and researchers.
The programs will provide language and literacy professionals with the theoretical and evidence-based foundations of language and literacy processes and instruction, and develop their skills in --
• the design and development of theoretically grounded and research-based materials, instructional approaches, and curricula for language and literacy;
• organization and implementation of integrated, balanced and comprehensive language and literacy programs; and
• assessment and evaluation of processes and outcomes of language and literacy instruction.
MA LLE graduates will also develop competencies that will enable them to:
• Participate in broader policy, regulatory, and social discourses in relation to language and literacy education;
• Contribute to the body of research in language and literacy education; and
• Demonstrate and facilitate professional learning and leadership in language and literacy education.
Admission to the MA LLE program is through the DLLE.
For more details, please email email@example.com. (UPOU/ RJB/ DBNV/ PIA-NCR)