Welcome to our Special Website
Welcome to the website of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2015.
The theme for this year's celebration of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2015 is "Archives at Risk - Protecting the World's Identities."
Our AV heritage allows us not only to appreciate watching and listening to our AV collections but more importantly, it tells us about who we are.
The Coordinating Council of AV Archives Association (CCAAA) encourages all to join in the campaign for the need to safeguard man's AV heritage.
Contributions for posting in the WDAVH website may include news and feature articles on activities being organized in celebration of this day, as well as multimedia clips for sharing, facebook blogs, and others.
Contributions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
CCAAA adopts Declaration to safeguard endangered archives
On the occasion of the 2015 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage, on the theme of "Archives at Risk – Protecting the World's Identities", the Co-ordinating Council of Audiovisual Archives Associations (CCAAA) adopts a new Declaration regarding the Safeguarding of Endangered Archives.
Study for WDAVH Posters Released
The UNESCO Coordinator for WDAVH 2015, Belina SB Capul, has released two studies of theproposed official poster to highlight the year's theme: Archives at Risk - Protecting the World's Identities.
The poster designs were developed by the Philippine Information Agency's Creative and Production Services Division.
Significant AV Heritage List
- Original Negative of the Noticiero ICAIC Lationamericano
- José Maceda Collection
- Brahms Collection
- The Appeal of 18 June 1940
- Collection of Jewish Musical Folklore (1912-1947)
- Radio Broadcast of the Philippine People Power Revolution
- Dainu Skapis - Cabinet of Folksongs
- Kalman Tihanyi's 1926 Patent Application "Radioskop"
- The Historical Collections (1889-1955) of St. Petersburg Phonogram Archives
- Early cylinder recordings of the world's musical traditions (1893-1952) in the Berlin Phonogramm-Archiv
- The Historical Collections (1899-1950) of the Vienna Phonogrammarchiv
- The Masterpieces of Fryderyk Chopin
- Traditional Music Sound Archives
- Arnold Schönberg Estate (2011)
- Desmet Collection (2011)
- Historic Ethnographic Recordings (1898-1951) at the British Library (2011)
- Neighbours, animated, directed and produced by Norman McLaren in 1952
- UNRWA Photo and Film Archives of Palestinian Refugees
- The Story of the Kelly Gang (1906)
- The Wizard of Oz (Victor Fleming 1939), produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- The Battle of the Somme
- "METROPOLIS" -Sicherungsstück Nr. 1: Negative of the restored and reconstructed version 2001
- John Marshall Ju/'hoan Bushman Film and Video Collection, 1950-2000
- Audiovisual documents of the International antinuclear movement "Nevada-Semipalatinsk"