Call to Celebrate "World Day for Audio Visual Heritage 2015"
The World Day for Audio Visual Heritage (WDAVH) will take place on October 27, 2015.
As indicated in the message from the President of the Coordinating Council of Audio Visual Archives (CCAAA), the theme for this year's celebration is "Archives at Risk: Protecting the World's Identities." The CCAAA encourages organizing events and activities that highlight the success stories of the audiovisual archives community in preserving the world’s audiovisual heritage. They should however be able to convey as well the message that there is much more of our endangered audiovisual heritage needing our attention to be saved.
The website for the Archives at Risk project* will also be launched on October 27. It will be featured in the WDAVH site/page and will be linked together.
In line with this, the CCAAA welcomes contributions to the website in the form of:
- News articles regarding the celebration of the WDAVH;
- Feature write-ups on the success stories regarding preservation programs and those needing attention too;
- Copyright-cleared photos, audio/video clips for the listening/viewing pleasure and appreciation of the website visitors;
- Publicity and promotional materials; and
- Other related items of interest to the public.
The submission guidelines for contributions to the website are as follows:
- Text and photos should be set in electronic copy. Please refrain from sending the url of your existing website;
- Photos should be accompanied with captions and already reduced to web resolution;
- In case of non-English contributions, submit a screen-grab of the foreign language website;
- Audio and video clips may be submitted as links with or without embed codes
Meanwhile, contributions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCAAA Co-ordinator for WDAVH 2015
*Note: The objective of the Archives at Risk project is to develop lobbying activities on behalf of endangered archives throughout the world, so that resources can be found o save and give access to the world’s audiovisual heritage.
An Inter Organisational Group on Archive at Risk was created in February 2006, following the session on endangered archives held at the World Electronic Media Forum - WEMF II, on the occasion of the World Summit of the Information Society (Tunis, 15-16 November 2005).
The Group consisted of representatives from the United Nations, UNESCO, World Broadcasting Union, European Broadcasting Union, International Federation of Television Archives FIAT/IFTA), and Matt White (independent). FIAT / IFTA has joined with other audiovisual archive organisations to assign organisation of the Archives at Risk initiative to the CCAAA.